Notices

Thread: MR Custom Paintin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post 142 = Ken Blocks 2012 ride

Wasn't a difficult body really, painted all the logos first. Then the two background colors. Did the webbing as I did those.

Painted these up today after work. Was quite a long day. Very bright shells, especially for MR. Main colors are bright red, fluorescent yellow, and a marble blue. He wanted three different variations of the design. 100% hand cut and airbrushed. No vinyl, not hydro. Onto the pictures.

Designed and painted this up today. Going on another SS kit for my LHS. Flames up front start are a nice anodized candy orange. With skulls faded into it. Outlined in straight anodized candy orange. next layer is a deep pearl black outlined in chrome. Next layer is a tri-color marble. Hope ya like it!

Painted this up for the Ferox company today. Going on their newest RC. The FX-4WD. Its a gasser 1/5 scale Buggy. Graphics upfront start as pure black outlined in chrome. Next layer is a deep candy apple red marbled with black and charcoal. Drop shadows throughout. Logos are pure white. Some silver and shading work done on the shield. Riveted steel on the window trim. Thanks for looking!

These things just drink up the supplies, damn. Anyways this is a twist on an old Mark Martin theme. He wanted me to add a bit to it, make it a Dodge, and change the number to 7. Consider it done. All hand cut and airbrushed as usual. Thanks for looking!

That "eye ball" looking thing isn't on the actual body, just the picture for some odd reason. Just to lazy to get another.

Well I needed to get this order done today... started around 8 am still needing to finish up design work. Finished her around 10 pm. 100% hand cut and airbrushed as always. Make sure to check out the shadow work on the gavel. Lots of logos on this one, plenty of custom mixed colors. But that adds to the fun... Its a design that I've done before. Same customer. Races here in Iowa. The last body stayed in the state too. Rarely get Iowa orders... Thanks for looking onto the pictures!

Painted this up today for a customer today. Main color of the body is a nice pearl blue, Next layer are checkers, outlined in a pin of chrome. Final layer are some classic flames tossed down the sides. Top of the shell is a nice chrome flake. Skull and flame logo added to the front. 17 racing numbers finish it up. Hope ya like it guys!

Drew this up last night, and painted it this morning. Painted up like the M&M car for Nascar. 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Few custom colors here and there. One of my favorites in recent times. On to the pictures.

This body is huge! Painted this up today. Base color is pure black, ripping away to reveal a Confederate flag underneath. Lots of depth going on with shadow work. Pretty simple overall. 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Thanks for looking!

Been working on this body for awhile now. 2nd go at the Jeff Koon's BMW Art Car. And for sure my last. All paint, no stickers, no vinyl cutters, all hand cut. And TWO MR logos lol. Little flat clear on the outside here and there. Thanks for looking! Fits an FG 1/5 scale.

Well after an air compressor taking a **** on me I am back in action! Got ahold of the new Losi's bodies. Overall pretty nice, but damn no protective film!? Ridiculous. Anyways as usual 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Hope ya like it guys! After some issues with my email through Bluehost, orders are rolling in like crazy! Keep your eyes peeled, lots more shells coming!

Painted this up today after work, making for one LONG ass day... 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Painted up like Kessel's Ferrari 458 #46. Cool design, I like it a lot. Thanks for looking!

Painted this up today for a customer in Canada. Hopefully he likes it as much as I do! Its an FG 1/5 BMW. Bright white, yellow and lime green flames upfront. Next layer is a beautiful blue pearl with splatter affect on it. And the final layer is a checkered flag. 100% hand cut and airbrushed as usual. No decals. No vinyl cutters.

Another attempt at the Kessel Ferrari #46, extremely happy the end results on this one! Flat on the whole body to follow the full sized car. Lots more details this time around.

100% Hand cut and airbrushed. No Vinyl Cutters here!

Painted this up today. 100% hand cut and painted as usual. All the black is flat. Main color is a nice bright orange. Thanks for looking!

Painted this up awhile ago, just getting around to posting pictures... 1/5 FG BMW body, using the logo of the customer's logo and making a race design out of it. I really like the outcome. 100% hand cut and airbrushed as usual. Thanks for looking!

[CENTER]

Painted this up today. My LHS has resorted to targeting new customers by having me paint this up today. The local funeral home owners are friends of his and all of their vehicles for work are a nice baby blue. Wanted this for running in the parades... and possibly to get them to buy some RCs. 100% hand cut and painted. Nice easy body to paint up. I rather enjoyed it. Flat cleared the roof panels and around the engine/belt. Thanks for looking.

Before I had to paint a John Deere body seeing as I'm in the Midwest... my family bleeds Case IH red. Oh well, all pays the same. 100% hand cut and painted. Nice pearl green that I haven't used before for the flames up front. A pearl black for the base coat. Wood grain bed with chrome rails.

wow, so many cool bodies.

Painted this up today. Customer wanted a Halo body without any Halo logos. Wanted it to look like a Warthog, and add some Legendary logos to it too. This is the outcome, 100% hand cut and airbrushed. No vinyl, no decals.

Painted this up last night. Design is from a 1:1 Mclaren but I used the customers logo on it instead of Gulf logos. Really like how this car turned out! 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Thanks for looking guys!

Painted this up last night. Design is from a 1:1 Mclaren but I used the customers logo on it instead of Gulf logos. Really like how this car turned out! 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Thanks for looking guys!

Painted this up for a local customer who runs a crawler. Grill up front is molded, so no paint work there. But the rest is typical MR, hand cut and airbrushed.

Interesting body order for today. 1/8 on-road for a customer in France. He works for Mazak so that brings the colors to the table. Added in some black feather design from Mclaren #Blackswanmoments and you have yourself a custom painted body. 100% hand cut and airbrushed as usual. Managed to stab myself with an xacto blade in my hand. Up to the handle. Real smooth...

Had a body all prepped up for my Revo for quite some time. Got up this AM and decided it needed some paint. Drew up the design, and 4 hours from start to finish this is the outcome. 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Lots of flat clear on this one. Hope you like it! NO DECALS OR VINYL CUTTERS USED!

Painted this up today. This body is for the Traxxas Mini-Revo, and needs a home. Painted up in a Joker and Harley Quinn theme from Batman. 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Plenty of custom mixed colors on this one too. Notice the Gotham skyline in the Batman logo that is graffitied in.

Painted this up today, was a rather long day at that... Pretty straight forward design. The baby blue does have some nice color change pearl in it as per the customer's request. Should look great in the sunlight! 100% hand cut an airbrushed as usual. Thanks for looking!

Insane!