Notices

Thread: **ALL NEW Traxxas Stampede 4X4 VXL Unveiled

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^^^ No worries Edge! We both enjoy the Stampede for what it is - fun!

Matt

This body would be great on the Stampede 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by RCMadMatt View Post
    What about the USA-1 from several years ago? It was an all-independent suspension r/c advertised as a Monster Truck. It was most definitely NOT an aspirational Truggy! Lol. In fact, that term hadn't been used in r/c at that point in time.

It would be interesting to see a 1:1 Bigfoot with an Indy prototype suspension! Think of the size the halfshafts would have to be!

Matt
    lol you forgot about the Double Dare but then again that truck was one level above crap also not the halfshafts but Dog bones

i love the high body... When's the last time you guys watched monster truck racing. They have high body's that let you see the frame, do wheelie's and roll over easy. LOL Keep the low body's on the Rustler's People

Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    Official press release copy. Street price will be about $399

We take our monster trucks seriously at Traxxas and the all-new Stampede 4X4 VXL is engineered like no other to turn extreme power into extreme monster truck fun! The efficient, low-mass drivetrain is totally optimized for the brutal torque of Velineon brushless power, and following the legacy of the Stampede name, this 4X4 is overbuilt and Traxxas Tough to withstand all the 4-wheel drive monster mayhem you can dish out. It’s even waterproof for fun in all kinds of wet conditions! The patented adjustable wheelie bar is required equipment as Stampede 4X4 launches hard, sending the front wheels soaring for the sky. You’re in full control with the high-output Traxxas TQ 2.4Ghz Traxxas Link radio system and the superior handling of fully independent suspension and smooth bellcrank steering. The Velineon Brushless Power System and included Traxxas Power Cell 8.4V NiMH battery combine to unleash 40+mph, right out of the box. Install a 3S LiPo pack, and Stampede 4X4 shatters the speedometer with 60+mph speed! It’s brushless done the Traxxas way: brutally fast and easy to use. Just plug it in and switch it on to feed your need for extreme horsepower. Bold new graphics accentuate the Stampede 4X4 VXL’s body, which is interchangeable with the 2WD Stampede body (and all aftermarket Stampede bodies as well). Black-chrome All-Star™ 2.8” wheels give Stampede 4X4 aggressive style, and soft Talon™ tires deliver true multi terrain capability. Speed, style, versatility, and fun…Stampede 4X4 VXL has it all!

Stampede 4X4 Features:
    • Fully assembled and Ready-To-Race®
    • Full-time 4WD, 40+mph out-of-the-box, 60+ on 3S LiPo!
    • Soft-compound Talon™ multi-terrain tires
    • Black-chrome All-Star™ 2.8 wheels
    • Includes 7-cell Traxxas Power Cell battery pack and charger
    • TQ 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system with Traxxas Link™
    • Rigid chassis design
    • Robust C-hub axle carriers
    • Long-travel suspension
    • Unique shock guards protect the shocks from damage
    • Bellcrank steering system with integrated servo saver
    • Powerful, efficient brushless Velineon 3500 motor
    • VXL-3s waterproof electronic speed control
    • Low Voltage Detection for use with 2S and 3S LiPo packs
    • Digital, high-torque, ball bearing, waterproof steering servo
    • Waterproof electronics – race in dirt, mud, and water
    • Traxxas High-Current Connector
    • Blue-anodized, lightweight aluminum extruded driveshaft
    • Revo®-spec sealed, silicone-filled differentials
    • Patented Torque-Control™ slipper clutch
    • Oil-filled Ultra Shocks™ with progressive rate springs
    • Heavy Duty 4mm steel turnbuckles
    • Precision high-quality hex hardware throughout
    • Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings

Peter, this is all and good, but I (and others) want to build. I worked at my (at the time local) hobby shop and we sold tons of Stampedes and Rustlers and many other Traxxas products. They're great vehicles. I got out of racing quite some time ago and just bash now...BUT I (and others) still prefer to actually build our own cars/trucks and install our own electronics. I am not saying that the included electronics are no good, but I already have a Futaba 3PK w/Fasst, spare receiver, spare Tekin RS w/motor, and a steering servo and batteries. I do not need or want any of the included electronics as I have no need for them. I know many people say "well just sell them then"....my point is why should we have to go through the hastle of trying to get rid of it? You guys instructions are easy to follow as are most companies...why not offer a KIT for a change? You used to....and when I was the dept manager of my LHS, we would sell them in as fast as we got them in. Please consider some KITS. The demand is there.

the main thing I do not like about RTRs is I don`t care who makes it there is ALWAYS and issue with it. stripped screw hole in some place or poorly assembled shocks or suspension arms that don`t move freely. I have owned a few Traxxas vehicles in the past and the only ones I NEVER had an issue with was the old race vehicles you had to assemble. WHY -- because I did it by hand not somebody gettting paid didly over seas using a powered screw driver. Really fun when I bought a slasj right after it came out and take off the shocks and the arms just stay in place!!!!! hard for a suspension to work properly when the hinge point are binding! Oh and the stripped screw holes on suspension arms and such. I like Traxxas just HATE factory assembly jobs as they all SUCK. Oh I have been in and out of the hobby and spent thousands on RC since 1990 so I am NOT a NOOB!

Have the rear axles/hubs been resolved from the Slash 4x4? My only main concern with the Stampede 4x4 now since I really want a 1/10th monster that will take insane bash abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazytrain View Post
    lol you forgot about the Double Dare but then again that truck was one level above crap also not the halfshafts but Dog bones
    I didn't forget the DD. I had one of them, but it really wasn't a Monster Truck like USA-1. I had a lot of problems with the driveshafts in USA-1. They would twist then snap after a couple of runs. And let's not talk about the 4WS in those trucks... lol

Matt

Wow, I really like it! The 2wd Pede and especially the Slegdehammer (had to mention it) was cool but felt so wrong being 2wd.

Winner, been waiting for this for many years.

Looks pretty cool...except the body sitting two friggin' miles above the chassis! That looks soooooooo horrible with the body up that high. Makes it look more like a toy store RC that a hobby grade RC at first glance.

Taking a closer look at this....what's up with the wheely bar? it looks like it's stretched out half a mile behind the truck mounted on some sort of ladderwork.....doesn't look to durable......

take it off. problem solved.
    i say let your left index finger take care of the wheelie issues

Quote Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
    take it off. problem solved.
    i say let your left index finger take care of the wheelie issues
    I agree....it's just that it doesn't look right...kinda hacked together to make it fit....unfinished

Quote Originally Posted by R_C_hoodlum View Post
    Looks pretty cool...except the body sitting two friggin' miles above the chassis! That looks soooooooo horrible with the body up that high. Makes it look more like a toy store RC that a hobby grade RC at first glance.
    I agree, way too high. Hopefully the production kit is lower or allows for the body to be lowered. Also hopefully the kit doesn't roll over every time you turn the corner like the current model.
    WWW.landjump.NET
    jessie@landjump.NET

That's a nice looking truck, I considered making a homemade 'pede 4x4 several times but never got around to it. The stampede is the only traxxas vehicle I've owned. I got the last kit version my local shop had back in 2001 or so.

If this 4wd version was available in a true kit form i'd jump on it in a second. I love building up kits, and have been getting my 2 children involved building them as well. we do not buy an RTR unless no alternative is available in the class.

Looks horrible!! looks like a 1:1 truck with a body lift, instead of a suspension lift.....FAIL!!

yeah, the body lift just look stupid
    WWW.landjump.NET
    jessie@landjump.NET

I wish Traxxas had released this 2 years ago, I would never have bought my E-Maxx then.

Will be picking up the chassis and converting over my Slash4x4....without a doubt. Been looking for a smaller monster that can take a single BL and battery - perfect!

Agree the body looks a little strange, but a little work can take care of that. No worse than the raptor pic above.

Quote Originally Posted by jlee View Post
    This body would be great on the Stampede 4x4.
    JConcepts confirmed last week that this Raptor body will fit this new 4x4 Stampede as well.
    Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor | Air Age Media
    trevord(at)airage.com
    rccanews(at)airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com
    RotorDrone Magazine | RotorDroneMag.com

Check our exclusive interview with Traxxas on this new truck, plus some action video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aud12IQCAdg
    Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor | Air Age Media
    trevord(at)airage.com
    rccanews(at)airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com
    RotorDrone Magazine | RotorDroneMag.com

Any body designed for the 2WD Stampede will fit the new 4X4 as well, right down to the body post locations.

The Stampede 4X4 will wheelie on command, but it doesn't just throw the wheels into the air at any speed. You can roll on the throttle less aggressively and keep the front end down. Cornering wise, you can push hard and not roll. The Talons let the rear end slide a bit, and the truck will lift its inside front wheel if you really push it. You can force it to flip, but in regular driving, the body roll does a good job of indicating how close you're getting to the edge. Even if it does get up on two wheels, you can countersteer and snap it back down like a T-Maxx or Revo. This is a fun, fun, fun truck. Can't wait till they're in stores!
    Editorial Director - Air Age Media

just for no particular reason, how would donuts be with this thing

Hmmm, haven't tried doing any donuts with it. Eating donuts while you drive it is probably awesome.
    Editorial Director - Air Age Media