Notices

Thread: **ALL NEW Traxxas Stampede 4X4 VXL Unveiled

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    PeterV, not sure if you could pass this along or not, but I think it would be awesome to have adjustable body mounts for this. A true 1/10 e-revo would be awesome, but the stampede would make do if we could change the look a bit more than the high-rise body position.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    Hmmm, haven't tried doing any donuts with it. Eating donuts while you drive it is probably awesome.
    lol this is gonna be a fun winter

So i know its not quite out yet, but it looks so good. I've got a Savage XL and am thinking about switching back to electric and hell its faster so its all good. How does everyone think it would fare as a general purpose basher? Too top heavy for the highspeed runs and jumping?

This will be a big hit. A 4WD Monster truck with plenty of power and only requiring one battery. Wonder if there thinking of the same thing with the Rustler although I know the demand for a 4wd stampede was high.

I'm with you Catalyst, adjustable posts would be a nice accessory. If Traxxas doesn't make them, I'm sure someone else will.
    Editorial Director - Air Age Media

PeterV,
    Anymore videos coming soon?

Would love to see some snow action, like they did with the E-Revo and Summit
    Last edited by BackIntoRC; 12-02-2010 at 04:35 PM.

I would totally jump on this if the price were alittle more friendly.

Just opened mine up and ran a battery through it briefly in the cold. Nice truck. Plenty quick, seems to handle decently as well. Have to wait for daylight to really have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by packhntr View Post
    Ya know...I'm in the same boat. I like it, but wish it were a KIT and w/o the electronics.....first thing I would do is lose the entire electronics package adn drop in a receiver for my 3PK, a Tekin RSPro w/8.5-10.5t and a Futaba BLS451. I already have everything onhand out of a car I just sold....It just needs a home.
    You DO realize this is NOT a racing vehicle right?

Quote Originally Posted by hdcchrome View Post
    Stampedes have always driven like crap. Can't keep the front wheels on the ground and anytime you turn on power they flip over. I am curious how this new one resolved all those problems. I have never understood why this kit was produced and why they keep it on the market.
    hahahahaha you DO realize its a MONSTER TRUCK right?
    See lots of other people do realize it, and thats why the Stampede has been around for so long, because its a great MONSTER TRUCK...

Quote Originally Posted by RacerRob View Post
    You DO realize this is NOT a racing vehicle right?
    AND..so what.....just because it's not a racing vehicle it HAS to be only offered as a RTR? That's very narrow minded thinking. There is NO reason that this cannot be offered as a KIT along with a RTR...it would be a lot more appealing to those that already have the electronics and/or don't want the stock electronics.

I already had the electronics of my choice for one so I just bought a new roller on feeBay. It was hard to pass up for $160. After running it I say it's a total winner! No, it does not handle like a 4wd buggy or stadium truck but it does handle well enough to make it a blast to drive.

Monster trucks have solid axles

Traxxas doesn't do kits. I wish they did, but they don't. This subject gets beat to death everytime an RTR is announced.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by packhntr View Post
    AND..so what.....just because it's not a racing vehicle it HAS to be only offered as a RTR? That's very narrow minded thinking. There is NO reason that this cannot be offered as a KIT along with a RTR...it would be a lot more appealing to those that already have the electronics and/or don't want the stock electronics.
    I am sure there isn't a large audience that wants to spend more on electronics then what it costs rtr. Traxxas can keep it more affordable by not offering it in a bunch of different versions and having to come up with different packaging etc. But doesn't matter. Something tells me even if it was a kit, you wouldn't be happy about something else.