Notices

Thread: Vintage RC10's Lets See Them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Vintage RC10's Lets See Them. 
    Here are some pictures of my Vintage RC10. I know there are some other sweet one's out there. Lets see what you got...

No RC10 Fans or owners here???

i was actually looking forward to seeing this thread full of pic's and info.
    but do to the collectiveness and parts availability people don't use them on a regular basis. 99% of them out there are stashed away in a closet, garage, attic, or basement only to see the light of day once in a blue moon.
    a friend of mine has one in running order but its stashed away in his garage. up until about 10 years ago it got used regularly. he got into sport bikes and doesn't mess with RC much anymore.

if you want fuzzy pic's of a RC10T3 i can post a few pic's of my old truck

Quote Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
    i was actually looking forward to seeing this thread full of pic's and info.
    but do to the collectiveness and parts availability people don't use them on a regular basis. 99% of them out there are stashed away in a closet, garage, attic, or basement only to see the light of day once in a blue moon.
    a friend of mine has one in running order but its stashed away in his garage. up until about 10 years ago it got used regularly. he got into sport bikes and doesn't mess with RC much anymore.

if you want fuzzy pic's of a RC10T3 i can post a few pic's of my old truck
    I know the RC10 fans owners and collectors are out there. I was hoping to see some of their RC10's by now. And thought for sure that some of them would have been posted by now. I believe my RC10T is from around 1990. Mine Runs and works perfect. It is pretty darn fast as well. It is a blast to drive. I am a huge fan of the RC10's and would love to see pictures of some of those Vintage RC10's out there... Thanks for the comment...

Me too! Big fan here.

heres some pics of my rc 10 from round june of 09 when it made the magazines pages. It doesnt look as pretty now cause I show all the new cars a run for their money every now and again. its got an all metal six gear with a velineon pushin it. I wouldnt give that car up for anything.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Associated View Post
    heres some pics of my rc 10 from round june of 09 when it made the magazines pages. It doesnt look as pretty now cause I show all the new cars a run for their money every now and again. its got an all metal six gear with a velineon pushin it. I wouldnt give that car up for anything.
    Very nice looking RC10. would love to see some more of those RC10's

I really do own the name Mr Associated. Vintage Associated rules!!
    Attached Images

Some nice RC's You got. I think the one with the black Chevy body looks cool. To me there is nothing like the vintage RC Stuff...

Cleaned by Admin

RC10 runner.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ahab; 12-14-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling

heres a couple of mine a few things have changed, it now has an ez run brushless setup and has hpi 6 stars chrome wheels all the way around and ground hawgs on the back... I love this truck and al my bashin buddies always want me to bring it out with me cuz they love it too!!! i just wish breakin stuff wasnt so dang expensive lol thanx for lookin!!

Some nice R/C 10's Here. I know there are some more out there. Let's see them...

Fiberglass chassis with gt a arms. Widened it out a little. Also has a t3 tranny. That was a little tricky to get mounted. Car's kind of evolved over time.
    Attached Images

what sould i do if i want to race my old rc10t.

Quote Originally Posted by muscle car View Post
    Pray for parts...

Quote Originally Posted by muscle car View Post
    Race it. I, honestly, would rather break it doing what it was designed to do than not break it admiring it on a shelf.

18. rc10 
    Here is my latest RC10

19. My T2 
    You may find this intresting. Over the years I made ways to keep my RC10 from wearing out. The biggest improvement was to enclose the rear axles. I have no pictures of how to do that because I last did it before I had a computer! Another big (yet small) change I made was to instal shock shaft wipers..these really work and yes I thought this up on my own. Here is a link on how to do that. The last picture is how my truck looks today, I have lots of other tires for it, body, etc. This thing is almost new mechanicaly, the drive shafts and out drives have no wear because they are greased and no grit gets to them....I got a few free subscriptions to RC car action with these and other tips about 15 years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQPP3eNXQDU
    Attached Images

Her is my never run baby.
    Pro-Line Racing team driver.

Since you all are RC10 owners and fan of them, Can you guys help my figure out what my RC10 is? I posted a new trend for it called "What is it?" under the Vintage section. Thanks.

HI

What type of RC Car should you get?

Quote Originally Posted by rcforum1 View Post
    HI

What type of RC Car should you get?
    I am assuming you are talking about yourself. There are so many to choose from....the question is way too vague. What are your interests, where do you plan to use it? Gas or electric? So many variables, give more information and perhaps ask this in another area....I'd tell you to find an old T2 and put new electronics in it....but that is me speaking in a vintage forum....

Mike.

24. My RC10T Restoration 
    Heres my original RC10T I bought about a year ago, Just finally finished the restoration.

Slideshow of start to finish. Click on image to view.

Last edited by dave00beer; 01-25-2012 at 04:30 PM.

What you started with looked to be in pretty good shape. Even so it looks just like new now....good job...wow.