Notices

Thread: brands with extensive kitset range?

1. Question brands with extensive kitset range? 
    Could anyone point me in the direction on who may offer a good range? I do not want a rtr and looking at either short course or semi offroad (live in rural area) i prefer nitro and enjoy the building side as much as actually using. I am a little behind on current trends etc due to returning to the hobby.

nitro is pretty much dead unless you get into the 1/8 stuff or a monster truck. only thing more lacking is the availability of kits. the only nitro kits i can name off the top of my head are higher end racing vehicles and most of them are 1/8 scale.

team associated has a pretty wide selection of vehicles. id tell you to check out losi but idk what to tell you check out. losi or TLR, (horizon hobby's sucks). actually if it were a kit i guess it would be TLR. i think HPI has a couple of nitro kits (?). ofna has some pre-built rollers that need engines and electronics. kyosho, but again, they would be higher end 1/8 race vehicles.

the hobby is pretty well devided right now. you ether buy an entry level RTR and throw money at it. or you buy a high end race kit. which aint cheap. the middle class is gone. i think you may have to give up on the nitro dreams and just go brushless electric like the rest of the sheep. stick to your guns on the kit though we really need more kit builders in this hobby.

Idunno, I think he should do the opposite. I think he should stick with his nitro guns and settle for an RTR.

i think he should stick to his guns on both. if your not getting what you want, don't give'm your money! no compromise!

FIGHT THE MACHINE!!!!

FIGHT THE POWER! lol Yeh I agree, I am returning to the hobby while recoving from an illness but I picked up a copy of rccaraction and it really does seem electric is the way to go now, BUT. In saying that I will look at making a Long Term project of restoring my nitro to its former glory, perhaps even design something myself as a cousin has experiance working with fiber glass from boat building professionally as well as working with carbon fiber so a good card up my sleeve. I do wonder tho, all the electronic telemetry and speed control stuff with usb really does appeal to my techie side 100% nerd in saying that too tho, makes me wonder with all the gadgets and what not if electric is still a cheaper path..

Really apreciate your comments, short course looks like a lot of fun, Ill prob choose 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by reaste View Post
    makes me wonder with all the gadgets and what not if electric is still a cheaper path..
    initial buy in electric would probably be a little more expensive right off the get go. but long term ownership electric is cheaper. with the new technology there is no brushes to mess with, no coms to cut, no magnets to zap. the battery's last a hell of a lot longer. you buy in and your done. with nitro it's a little cheaper cause you don't have to buy battery's and a charger. but you've got a constant pay out for glow plugs and fuel. over about 2 or 3 year's it's going to balance out. but after it's balanced out the nitro still requires $30 a gallon fuel and occasional $5 glow plug. so after 3+ years nitro becomes more expensive.