Notices

Thread: Can Not post

1. Can Not post 
    I've just registered today, followed the activation link in the email that was sent to me, plugged in my activation ID # and I'm unable to start a new thread in the Electric Off Road vehicle specific sub forums? The only place so far that I've found that I can post on this site is here in the Forum Rules sub-section. Is there a reason for this like I have to have so many posts before starting new threads or something?

Right now this is the message I'm getting when trying to start a thread here. http://radiocontrolzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=349
    $bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You have not finalized your registration. An activation email is dispatched when you submit your registration. You must follow the instructions within the email before you will have full membership privileges. See the FAQ section for more information if you did not receive your activation email.li>
    If you changed your email address or password, you need to reactivate your account by resonding to the email you recieved. You will not have membership privileges until you reactivate your account..
    Could a mod, an admin, or another member please educate me as to what I need to do to post on this board?

Thanks
    FLD

What the heck is going on here? I have the same problem posting as a new member...glad at least I am not the only one....

Quote Originally Posted by FLDs Rusty View Post
    I've just registered today, followed the activation link in the email that was sent to me, plugged in my activation ID # and I'm unable to start a new thread in the Electric Off Road vehicle specific sub forums? The only place so far that I've found that I can post on this site is here in the Forum Rules sub-section. Is there a reason for this like I have to have so many posts before starting new threads or something?

Right now this is the message I'm getting when trying to start a thread here. http://radiocontrolzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Could a mod, an admin, or another member please educate me as to what I need to do to post on this board?

Thanks
    FLD
    I have the same problem, I get a message that I have not finished the registration when I try to start a thread. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong or not doing.

Kindest regards,
    Lars.

You are not doing anything wrong as it is happening to others as well. Something is messed up and I did use the "contact us" message board to let them know....nothing fixed yet..perhaps someone messed up the site....

Ile have the spam cleaned up in a bit. As so far as posting, Ile relay this to the Admin and see what he can do. Thanks

Have you guys that can't post gone to the FAQ section on the main tool bar and requested to have your activation email resent?
    I have checked the status of both of your accounts and you are active.

If you request it to be resent, those emails will come directly to me and I will take care of it immediately.
    Sorry for any inconvenience this this may have caused you.

Sorry but can't figure out how to do that. I can live without posting here it is ok.

Dave - some of the old forums, because of the way they were set-up, didn't allow the posting of new threads. For example, if there were vehicle specific threads like Associated RC10, Losi 22, etc., the users weren't allowed to post new threads, but instead were required to post in the existing thread. If these threads were somehow just renamed and moved around over time, the user permissions might still be following it around. Just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePond View Post
    Dave - some of the old forums, because of the way they were set-up, didn't allow the posting of new threads. For example, if there were vehicle specific threads like Associated RC10, Losi 22, etc., the users weren't allowed to post new threads, but instead were required to post in the existing thread. If these threads were somehow just renamed and moved around over time, the user permissions might still be following it around. Just a heads up.
    Yep I found that out after messing around with it forever. Permissions should all be fixed now. It was a major mess in here but we are getting there!!!!

Yes things seem to work fine now. Thanks for your perserverence.