Notices

Thread: RCX Long Beach April 28-29th 2012 Official Information

1. RC Car Action RCX Long Beach April 28-29th 2012 Official Information 
    RCX Long Beach will be held at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, CA on April 28 & 29.
    Check out RCX.COM for tickets and a list of sponsors, vendors and attractions.

Much more info coming soon.
    If you would like to help promote RCX on your website please email me at daveh@airage.com We have a special offer for those who help us spread the word!

RCX Long Beach is starting to gear up. If you are a vendor and would like information on exhibit space please visit www.rcx.com.

Also, anyone willing to fly a guy out of Alaska to this particular event. . . Just let me know.
    Just have one right now, that's how it always starts. . .

Kyosho DBX VE, 2.4GHz Radio, Turnigy 5000mah.

Ahhh, man the rumor was true about moving it to Long Beach! now i have to drive 89.9 miles instead of 88.4 miles-lol i will be there!!!! will reserve the hotel room soon.

Is long beach convention center bigger? i liked the pomona setup with the flying guys in the other bulding as the car guys....

Check out the new look of the RCX webpage. Information about the upcoming show is flowing in and we will be bringing you a lot more info about attractions and vendors starting next week!!!

RCX Promo is underway. Check out the RCX Website for more information

For our Die Cast Fans!

Manufacturers Attending
    Jada Toys
    M2 Machines
    True Scale Miniatures

Retailers
    Big Lou's
    Die Hard Die Cast
    1 Stop Diecast
    Collectable Diecast
    Far Out Collectibles

Personalities
    Mike Zarnock - Hot Wheels Variations Historian
    Larry Wood - Hot Wheels Designer for 40 years
    David Chang - Customizer
    Jimmy Chaves - Customizer
    Alvaro Gonzalez - Customizer

Approximately 1 dozen 1:1 scale vehicles will be on display representing the 1:1 vehicle to scale market relationship.

Check this attraction out,

South West Armor Group is a fellowship of radio control AFV enthusiasts. Located throughout the Southern California area. SWAG manufactures, modifies, details, and of course run radio control military vehicles.

More Information can be found here http://www.rcx.com/2012/02/08/rc-tanks/

Check out the Current List of Attractions at RCX Long Beach
    For more detailed information about these events please visit the attractions page at the RCX website.

Battle of the Builders – Model airplane static competition
    Presented by Model Airplane News and Air Age Media, hosted by Scale Squadron of Southern California
    for entry form Click here

Die Cast Alley presented by Die Cast X Magazine and Air Age Media

Drift Try Me Track Sponsored by HPI Racing
    presented by Team Dori, Driftsylvania and Hobby Central

Euro Track
    Built and hosted by The Dirt

Horizon Dirt Try-Me Track & Fly-Me Cage NEW
    presented by Horizon Hobbies

HPI Drift Competition
    sponsored and presented by HPI Racing

Make it and Take it Area

Monster Truck Demo
    sponsored by HPI Racing hosted by Full Throttle Hobby

Huge Indoor Flight Zone
    presented by LipoSack, Electric Flight and Model Airplane News

Mini – Z Race
    hosted by PN Racing

Mini – Z Try-Me Track
    presented by RCP Tracks

RC Tractor Pull
    presented by Outlaw Hobbies

RCP Rock Crawl Mountain
    presented by RCP Rock Crawlers

Model Warship Combat NEW
    presented by Strike Models

Sunshine Systems LED Light Show NEW

Flight Simulators NEW
    presented by Horizon Hobbies

RC Tanks NEW
    hosted by Southwest Armor Group

Robot Zone NEW
    hosted by CSU Pomona Rocket Club

New Attractions at RCX Long Beach.

Quarter Scale Legends and Giant RC are bringing in a Huge display of 1/4 scale RC cars, Race Cars, Mini V8 Engines and more. This is a very Cool first time display at RCX.

Giant RC
    is Bringing in a huge Large Scale Oval on-road track to RCX. Throughout the weekend they will be doing 30 minute demos of 1/4 scale, 1/5th scale, 1/8th scale nitros as well as some Manufacturer demos.

$5 off tickets are available online at RCX | The Radio Control Expo - RC's ultimate radio control show until April 15th after that tickets will be $15 at the door. Children under 12 admitted free.
    We hope to see you all there!!

Some cool New Information about the RCX EXPO

Including 2 Celebrity Appearances as part of the Die Cast X Collectors Expo

From the TV shows The Dukes of Hazzard and The Young and the Restless Catherine Bach will be at the show signing autographs

From MTV's Pimp My Ride, Mad Mike will be at the show signing autographs.

The Golden Year RC Museum will be bringing in a display of Vintage RC Cars and memorabilia spanning the entire History of RC is America.

Celebrity Appearance at RCX Long Beach

Shirley Muldowney – Hall of Fame NHRA driver will be appearing at our show Saturday April 28th 11am to 2pm

Discounted Tickets are available at RCX | The Radio Control Expo - RC's ultimate radio control show until April 15th after that Tickets will be $15 at the door
    Tickets may also be purchased at any Hobby People Location.

Numerous Prizes will be given away to Expo Attendees Both Saturday and Sunday. Simply fill out a Comment Card at the Air Age Booth to enter.

TGN would like to announce our list of vendors participating in our booth for the 2012 Long Beach RCX show. Every year we come to please, filling up enormous booths with the hottest parts and custom large scale builds ever seen. This year will be no exception and we have a couple trucks up our sleeve we will keep from you till the day of the show. Below is a tentative list of vendors participating in our huge 40x60 booth.

Team Chase
    101 Raceway
    Amsoil
    Team FastEddy
    BZM Micro
    DDM
    Kraken RC
    SkoPod
    Bartalone Racing
    RC4WD
    Killer RC
    RaceCarPrototypes
    DT-1 Filter
    And more.....

A Few Photos from RCX 2011

New Celebrity Appearances and Attractions added to the RCX Lineup.

Jared and Brandi from Storage Wars will be in attendance at RCX ALL WEEKEND promoting their Outlaw apparel line! They will sign autographs and interact with patrons all weekend long from their booth.

Rotor F/X Full size Helicopter Flight Simulator Try-Me

Fireball Tims Carbon Tahoe

SoCal R/C Riders Motorcycle Demos outside on the large Scale Track

Please Visit www.rcx.com for show tickets and further details!!!

More Giveaways going on at RCX Long Beach

Kershaw Designs Giveaway

Rotor F/X Helicpoters will be doing a drawing for a free Helicopter lesson and also a ride for 2 tour over the city.

Check out the massive List of Companies which will be at the RCX EXPO. Vendors, Exhibitors and Attractions

Whole bunch of New stuff added to the RCX Line up Check out these cool Attractions and Displays!

Presented by:

Presented by:

Presented by:

www.rcx.com for further information and tickets!

The RCX EXPO this year is absolutely HUGE. The Die Cast X Collectors portion alone is gigantic with tons and tons of stuff going on. Die Cast cars, Celebrity Appearances, Custom 1:1 Size car show, Block Party Game Truck, Lots of Industry Insiders and Personalities. And this is just we have as of today. Will there be more added? Stay tuned to find out.
    www.rcx.com for more information and to get your discounted tickets!
    We hope to see you all there!!!!

Awesome Deals and Expo only Special Pricing at:

Be sure to check out the Awesome deals from the following Vendors:

Horizon Hobby Just announced that Pro Short Course Driver Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg of Stronghold Motorsports Race Team will be appearing in the Horizon Hobby booth from 11-1pm Saturday. He will be signing autographs, Driving cars on the Horizon try-me track and Racing with a few lucky individuals.

This Just in from Traxxas.

See the John Force Castrol GTX High Mileage/15x Champ Ford Mustang on display in the Traxxas booth (#603) at RCX!

Get an up close look at an actual 8000+horsepower Funny Car in person this weekend. The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car race replicas and DTS-1 Drag Timing System will also be on display next to the full-size John Force Funny Car.

To learn more about John Force Racing visit www.johnfoce.com.

Visit www.traxxas.com to see the new Funny Car race replica in action. You can also follow Traxxas at www.facebook.com/traxxas and www.twitter.com/traxxas for the latest product and news related updates.

Below is information from johnforce.com on the display vehicle:

FORCE UNVEILS 15X CHAMP MUSTANG AT MAC TOOLS US NATIONALS

September 2, 2011

INDIANAPOLIS, IN (September 2, 2011) --- In what has become a John Force Racing tradition team owner and 15-time Funny Car champion John Force unveiled his 15X Funny Car Champion Ford Mustang today at the 57th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis prior to the first round of qualifying. The Castrol GTX High Mileage/15X Champ Ford Mustang will only be raced at the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals and then the body will be retired. Force will also be wearing a commemorative 15X fire suit and helmet for the event. Force’s helmet was painted by PPG’s custom paint instructor Paul Stoll.

“I wanted to do something really special for my 15th Full Throttle championship so I designed a Ford Mustang Funny Car with Full Throttle colors. I’ve got a special fire suit and helmet that match the Funny Car. Winning the 15th championship was special because I battled a great driver Matt Hagan right down to the last day. It was a fight throughout the Countdown and I am really proud of my team led by Austin Coil, Mike Neff and Bernie Fedderly. It was a big comeback for me and I just want to thank all my sponsors Castrol, Ford, Auto Club, Mac Tools and BrandSource for standing behind me,” said Force.

“Most of all I want to thank the fans. I had to really struggle to get back from my crash in 2007 but I go so much support in the hospital in Dallas, then when I was working out at Fanatics in Yorba Linda plus all the people at every race leading up to this championship. The fans kept me going and I will always be thankful to them. I can’t wait to get into this hot rod and try and win another Mac Tools U.S. Nationals and maybe a few more Full Throttle Funny Car championships.”

Die-cast replicas of the 15X Champ Ford Mustang are available through the John Force RaceStation at www.johnforceracestation.com. The RaceStation also has two different styles of 15X champion commemorative t-shirts available as well.

Check out some of the photo highlights just posted on RC Car Action http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2012...he-show-floor/