Notices

View Poll Results: How did you find the Radio Control Zone forums?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Referral from existing member

8 8.33%
  • Magazine website link

35 36.46%
  • Google Search

29 30.21%
  • Yahoo Search

2 2.08%
  • Bing Search

0 0%
  • Other Search Engine

1 1.04%
  • I just stumbled upon it

21 21.88%

Thread: How did you find the Radio Control Zone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IBZippy View Post
    I used to get the magazine back in the day but i refound it with google search
    Racers haven....Thats where I bought my Ae mgt about
    7 yrs ago before they went down. I buy my fuel at Fullthrottle.
    Nice to meet you.

Mcfarland,Calif. ......
    Just bash it!

i don't remember how i found this place. i remember using this forum back in high school. i remember a chat room. i remember a verbal fist fight in chat that carried over to the forum and i remember getting banned after some altercations with several users and authority. i remember telling some dude something to the effect of not having an issue hitting a cop after he said something to the effect that he was the forum police. i think the guys name was TSR6 or something of that nature. me and him did not get along. to this day i still don't like the guy. don't know why i re-registered. don't even remember using this place that much after that. don't even remember my first user name

how did i find out about this place? right now im thinking when did i find out about this place is a better question for me. when was this forum founded? when did it get a chat room? when did it loose the chat room? when was that idiot TRS6 or TSR6 or whatever it was a mod?
    what i preach is so gospel i should be passing the collection plate

I am searching at google for finding the best rc zone. Because google is the best search engine all around the world and it's search result is accurate.

4. RC Car Action  
    Used to read the MAG (10yrs. ++ ago) Loved the tips n tricks. Looking to get the latest MAG. cause i'm coming back into the RC scene.

Didn't really search it or get here through the site, more like i started building a shelf/case to hold/store my 4 cars and caught the bug again. Just had to get things running again. I'm limping around with an RC10 on-road w/batts that last all of 2mins LOL. Still fun while it lasts.

Peace, Love, Prosper

Greg

When I first started to come out here it was way back in around 2000 or 2001 and Steve Pond was the admin. I wish I could have used my old user name but the email address I had was on an ISP that I moved away from and could not get a new password because that email address no longer existed. Wished I remembered the password on this account after taking a 6 year hiatus from forums and hobby.

I have boxes of old magazines dating back for many years. It has always been my favorite R/C magazine.

I came across this forum from Google while researching tuning tips for my Ofna Ultra LX2 and I really benefited from the info I found on this site and I keep on returning for more good info. So, I figured I prolly should become a member.

7. Car newb... 
    Found site Googling 'using magnets to hold rc body' (something like that.). Seems I'm not the only one with the idea.

Registered some time ago after seeing the link in RCCA magazine. Thinking now I'll give it a try for a while.
    Arnie Hauswald Racing 1943

I found it a very long time ago via the magazine...

Yahoo search...

But now that I'm here, I find I can't edit my post(s)... what's up with that???

You should be able to right after you post something but there is a time limit on how long you're allowed to edit the post for.

-Eric

Quote Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
    You should be able to right after you post something but there is a time limit on how long you're allowed to edit the post for.

-Eric

I see.. thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by quietguy View Post
    I see.. thanks for the info.
    Anything in particular you need changed?

-Eric

I came across this forum by searching on tapatalk. I'm hoping to find someone that can help me identify a nitro car that I have. I chose your forum after looking through a few threads and it looks like you have a very knowledgeable community. Think I might have found the right place to call home here.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

A friend told me

I type in a question about the shocks on my gt2 on Google and it matched some thing on here. This is the first and only forum a belong to. And it will probably stay that way.

Awesome!

I wish others would find us... Need more traffic. This place was awesome when it was busy. Although, now my "new posts" list is about 10-30 long every day or every other day where it used to be 2 if you were lucky. So it's getting better.

-Eric

I stumbled on it, glad to find it back in '08.

I found this place back when Al Gore invented the internet.

I remember the start of the chat room with Steve P, Bob H, Peter V etc.... This place was raging back then

Of course in Google and it's my first forum!

Memory.

I was an active member of this site around 2000-2002. I used to pal around with Steve Pond, Bob Hastings, and a few other OG's of this forum.

Life happened, now I have 3 kids and am getting back into RC to hopefully give them the bug I had for years.

I'm glad to see this forum is still around.

Googled it. Making up my mind to getting started

RCCARACTION the rag has been around for what 200 years now. Everyone who's ever been in RC knows about it.

I honestly couldn't pick an answer from the choices provided. I was interested in buying a new RC car so naturally I just typed in, "rccaraction.com" and here I am.

Last edited by lil_general_lee; 05-08-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Google Search and find it.