Notices

View Poll Results: Does RC racing affect what RC items you buy?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 32.76%
  • No

23 39.66%
  • Sometimes

16 27.59%

Thread: Does RC racing affect what RC products you buy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Never under estimate the influence of 'the basher.' Their influence has and does sway the direction of new componentry developement. Crawlers are typical evidence of this and so are 'scale rigs.' Crawlers have resulted in some amazing suspension designs, sharper braking and throttle ESC software improvements to name a few. When we look at scale rigs we see a whole aftermarket geared towards scale appearance like a detailed driver figure, full interior, lift-jacks, working light-bars, working winch, etc. In the past if you wanted any of these parts you had to either make them yourself or simply do without.

The bottom line however is that RC will always be regarded by manufactures as "toys!" The selection of materials to manufacter their creations will always be 'just good enough' to satisfy a particular need or standard and reputation and never meet military spec demands, irrespective of their claims and advertising hype.

RC parts have never yet been designed to last 'forever' so it's important that we place our emphasis on the FUN aspect of our passion, spend our dollars wisely and go out and enjoy.

I enjoy racing more than bashing so everything that I own now is for racing! I have sold all my bashers. Now I am not saying that I buy the expensive stuff, for example I run ezrun and tenshock in almost all my cars, but yes my goal is the track!

atm im a novice to the hooby so i get what i can lol but when i get more into the hooby ill find out what people use and probly use the same but i would not copy the complete car id custom it to my standards

Yep! I like racing and interested to moving stunt.

While I have never raced I am serious Basher that loves to run at Race Tracks and compete with those that are running that day on the tracks. I do not like sitting around waiting for my turn to run and than spend between 2 to 4 hours of constant playing at the track with my various R/Cs. I generally bring between 3 to 5 R/Cs with me and run the heck out of them.

Race Quality RTRs and Kits is what I have almost always bought then upgraded or set them up to be racers since about 2001. Many of my electrics sat for years after burning out the second brushed motor in them until the Brushless motors came down in price. Upgraded almost all of them last year to brushless and LiPo battery packs.

i said yes, but i wasnt thinking about paying attention to pro races, or even following whos winning with what.

the reason i said yes is because everytime i get a kit, i always make sure its built to perfection for max performance, and i always get the go fast/incrreased performance hop-ups, even if its just for bashing. being a racer for years, its in my blood. i cant even own a basher without it being race capable. you never know when some other basher may show up and racing begins, so best be prepaired! XD

Sometimes, after all we all need to learn something from others. RC, too