Notices

Thread: painting bodys

1. RC Car Action painting bodys 
    helo name is jay ive been getting back into rc for acouple months i got my son the traxxas grv digger 1/10 i just put a welee bar on it and acustum bumper i rigged myself fot another body for it the stampede all clear made a mistake painted it with krylon swpray can what should i do will the paint fall off

Unfortunately, Krylon doesn't work well on r/c car bodies. It will likely flake off after a bit of running. If it looks like it'll come off 100%, you can re-paint it with the correct paint from a hobby shop (Such as the Pactra spray cans) which are formulated for r/c bodies and won't flake off like the Krylon does.

I have heard of a few cases though where krylon or other paint has been claimed to work just fine, but my personal experience as well as anything I've seen first-hand says that it's not going to last too long.

I've heard of people using DOT 3 brake fluid to get the paint off. Apparently it eats the paint away really well. I haven't tried it and you may want to wait for more replies to confirm this, but if I was desperate it'd be about the first thing I'd try.

-Eric

Thanks erc!