Notices

Thread: getting back into painting

1. getting back into painting 
    Just got back into airbrushing- the bowtie on the bed is paint bersides the black and flames,hehe:

Not bad! I like the fade.

What paints do you use? Faskolor?

How do you keep them from plugging up the brush? It seems like mine get a little gooey after one use and trying to use it again next time.

-Eric

thanks,

I use faskolor or createx. what I do is when I put the paint in the cup of the airbrush, i give it a few squirts of regular windex and that seems to do it for me.you can mix the windex and paint with a toothpick if your cup doesnt have a lid,if not put the lid on a give it a shake or too lighlty

also when changing colors i run just windex and water threw the airbrush before I go onto my next color

Never would have thought to use Windex. Good call. I'll give it a shot next time I paint something. Thanks!

I take it you got that old Sledgehammer running?

-Eric

yup I mugged a midnight pumpkin kit I had for the esc,motor and tires and rims,repalced some of the rear shocks....it runs good....its a knock around truck...I wont do anything crazy with it,lol

as for the windex....it helps with the drying of the paint.its perfect for acrylic paints

a while ago I did sell all of my airbrushing stuff but I kept my senco compressor, I peace mealed piece by piece to get back into it,I missed it,lol

I have my nephew to run r/c's with me now and one of my co workers is suppose to get back into r/c's too

Looking good Fester!

I just finished another body for my T4. This time, I got a wild hair up my tail, and ran my 'brush off the air system in my shop instead of using the compressor I have specifically for painting. I ran a line through a dryer, and harbor freight digital readout regulator, then to the airbrush hose. WOW what a difference! I don't have to listen to the small compressor run while painting, it's easier to regulate the "big air" and actually see what I'm doing with pressure versus guessing with the needle regulator with a dial type gauge (and no volume in the system). Plus, I can actually hear the radio over the spray booth blower now. LOL

Keep up the good work!

Fester old friend glad to see your still around. . Nice traditional paint job