Notices

Thread: Types of Boats for river----Nubie Question

1. Types of Boats for river----Nubie Question 
    After being in RC cars for most of my life I would like to try RC boats for a change. There is a nice large river real close and was wondering what RC boat would be good for a river. Racing type or Tug type scale boats. It does have a steady current but mostly under the water. But it has really wide open areas. I am mostly interested in kits so I can learn the basics. Thanks.

First, I really advise not running in a river. One of my boats I lost control of in a pond but there is a very short channel that connects it to a river. The boat got into the river and the water moves a lot faster than it appears. All I had to chase it down with was a 2-man inflatable boat. I was OK going downstream to get it but rowing back up was a struggle as I couldn't row fast enough.
    Do not fold, spindle or mutilate.

If you run in a river make sure your are good with your knowing your operating range and dont let your boat get low on battery.
    Got a Need For Speed
    Can some please make an RC Death Star or Bat Mobile?
    My Site, my passion: http://remotorboater.com

Yes avoid the river.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAnten View Post
    Yes avoid the river.
    Exactly. My friend didn't allow me to run his boat on a river and we moved to the nearest lake..