Notices

Thread: October 2012 photo contest- " Wrechin' your ride!"

1. October 2012 photo contest- " Wrechin' your ride!" 
    I am not gonna the photo contests any more , the traffic here has been really really poor and we cant even get people to vote on the polls, out of hundreds of members here, we only have 2 votes, very sad

if traffic picks up alot I'll run them again but until then....i feel its a wasted effort
    Last edited by FESTER2004; 10-12-2012 at 03:02 AM.

you should have it in general r/c section that everyone looks at .on another board i am on it has its own thread and it is in the general area that everyone looks at perhaps put it at the top of the page when you first enter the site..just a suggestion and every month pick a theme or a certain vehicle .just my opinion ,i know it is extremely successful on the other board because.."BAM" its right there when you enter so people don't miss it
    1/14 scale tamiya tractor trailers
    custom ford dually
    original 80's tamiya clodbuster
    vintage kyosho 427 shelby cobra
    owner/operator......got to operate to own....Dwayne

It is kinda hard to find the contest. You almost have to looking for it specifically. Kenworth's idea would at least let it be seen by more people. I think you'd get a lot better response. The contest is one of the spots I check on here. Be a shame to see it go. I was the second vote.

I wonder if a big announcement sticky that rides on every forum wouldn't hurt? I'm not a big photo person but it's still kinda fun to enter once in a while. I'm surprised not more people play along. I bet it's mostly to do with the fact that we only have a few regulars at the moment.

If we could get the editors to pay attention and put the winners in the magazine, I'm sure it'd pick up a lot... too bad they don't care enough to look at us right now. A monthly photo contest could really boost traffic if the magazine were to give a 1/4-1/8-page of recognition every month.

Just a thought.

-Eric

Good idea Eric!

We old-timers appreciate your efforts Fester....
    84 RC's and counting

and so do i and i think its great place for people to show off what they built and hear some feedback from their fellow r/c peers on here but keep in mind also that some people are lazy and don't want to have to go looking for things and then there are some who give up after awhile .i know like i said before that it is very successful on a few other forums i am on and it is located in the very first section of the forum with its own heading so it's not hard to find
    1/14 scale tamiya tractor trailers
    custom ford dually
    original 80's tamiya clodbuster
    vintage kyosho 427 shelby cobra
    owner/operator......got to operate to own....Dwayne

thanks guys, when the website was revamped, I was told it was gonna go in the the section it is in now....I wish it would go back in the general section.I did promote the word about the contest in other forums on this site,boat,die cast,etc..but nothing or a few....I am also suprised the magazine doesnt print the winning photo in the magazine....awhile agao Hope did a plug for the photo contest on the Radio control show and that was that..I do thank them for it.

Between life and work I wish i had more time for rc's...i try to run my pede with my nephew n his digger pede, he loves rc's and i am glad he does.

I dont understand why the "traffic" situation is bad on the site ,especially when its connected to a majoe magazine like RCCA, there are not many rc magazines left..

I love this site ,you guys are like a second family to me and and I met a ton of great people here..I have been reading RCCA since Jr high and I been in the hobby since I was like 16ish,lol.I love this hobby!

tell ya what...we let the holidays go by and in the beginning of the year I'll throw up a open contest n we'll see what happens!

Would love to enter...guess I will check it out in January. The forum layout is a bit wonky and has a lot of outdated threads in the top and a stickied contest from 2010 that should be replaced by your photo contest. Too hard to find some things here.

Quote Originally Posted by FESTER2004 View Post
    I dont understand why the "traffic" situation is bad on the site ,especially when its connected to a majoe magazine like RCCA, there are not many rc magazines left..
    iv got a general idea.
    RCCA seems to be a very disliked magazine. thanks to the internet people are starting to turn on all the print publications. there are several reasons for that.

people can get the same information instantaneously for free off the web rather than having to wait a month or more and pay for it.

people are bent out of shape over sheer amount of add's.
    to take that 1 step further, people are bent out of shape over the amount of traxxas adds. as well as what is felt to be bias favoritism for traxxas.

people don't like the "reviews". people don't trust print publications anymore. a magazine has to kiss butt to maintain good relations with manufactures. when you kiss butt you can't criticize. when you can't criticize you can't be 100% honest with your reader. so what happens is the magazine will say it's good. people will buy the product, realize it sucks. and then feel like magazine lied to them. the magazine looses credibility and people will not support something they don't trust.

as far as this forum goes i see only a couple issues.

iv read "complaints" (for lack of a better term) on this very forum that could be summarized as a feeling of over moderation/to strict of rules. people don't go where there's no freedom. having to censor or withhold personal opinions or not being able to express your self is to sterile for peoples liking. you have to have that little bit of controversy. that's what gets people involved and keeps them coming back. its human nature, you can't fight it.

the layout on this forum could be considered hard to navigate. or at least find things on. i stumbled across the picture and video forums by accident. that tells me that the photo comp is to hard to find.
    the KISS motto apply's. Keep It Simple Stupid. if it doesn't jump out and slap you in the face, it's to hard to find.

the magazine side of it i think is a lost cause. but the forum side of it i think can be resolved.
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

i agree with SuburbnHooligan, i let my mag subscription expire. i dont really care what new tires and body traxxas has put on a existing chassis to make a "new truck".
    i crawl now and other than maybe a couple pics in readers rides, theres no scale crawler info to be found in the pages. they did have a little piece on the TF2 and on the mangler jeep built,there was very little info about that build. us scale guys want to know what tools and methods were used, how'd you bend the tube,brazed or welded. scale crawling is getting really big these days. i would re up the mag if there was some crawler tech or better write ups in there