Notices

Thread: zen G62 Marine Mods

1. zen G62 Marine Mods 
    Hello I'm new to this forum [again] and decided to rejuvenate some of my projects long neglected. One is to be powered by a zen G-62 .Anyone here have experience using one or modifing one for marine use? I have created a pull starter and made mounts[well almost] but I think it will need some additional cooling. As this thing progresses I can post pictures,if I can figure it out[just reastablished internet ]. Any knowledge would be helpfull. Thanks
    Attached Images
    Last edited by phickey06; 11-16-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: add picture

Not many people use these engines in boats. A guy named Rich Ballantine built some large gas boats and some of the most collectable hardware around and used some of these in his kits. Unfortunately Rich is no longer in business so finding anything from him for this mill would be tough to do.
    Do not fold, spindle or mutilate.

Thanks Ron .I have talked with justaddwatta and he has convinced me that to use this Engine is a bridge too far.I think I will try one of the 26cc motors on the market.The boat needing a motor is my design,kind of broad beamed like a GN circle boat but is quite light,and may not be as heavily constructed as I first believed.I plan on getting some of my bogged down and delayed projects kickking before I kick off[some are decades long drag ass ]yea! Take a look and tell me what you think.
    Attached Images

Matt's more of a "big-block" engine guy than I am so if he told you something then take his word for it.
    Do not fold, spindle or mutilate.

Thanks Ron et all. I had purchased the g-62 years ago to possibly go with a J-5 picklefork hydro.I built the hydro from plans and it turned out to be more of a monster than I originaly imagined,[very impractical]. That boat would swallow that G-62 for lunch, and needs something more like a small jet ski motor.In the mean time I built the V in the pics, big but light .Then I thought ,a home for the G-62.But it seems to be no dice so.....! I have purchased a rev-unlimited mid mod and will put a 70x1.6 orso prop and go from there.P.S. Anyone want a rather large static model of a mid 70's era hydro?
    Attached Images