Notices

Thread: A few recent pics

1. A few recent pics 
    Some pics from R/C Headquarters track in San Antonio Tx. All my photos are at www.promofo-racing.org/Photography.

Lots more on my site Enjoy!

Griz

Awesome shots!!

Any tips for someone trying to photograph something so tiny and fast? The wife wants to know your secrets LOL!

-Eric

3. Lots of practice 
    Lots and lots of practice. I typically come home with 500 or more shots and I'm disabled so I can only shoot for a couple of hours. For action shots you want a camera with all cross type autofocus sensors the more the better. Fast autofocus is essential for a lot of shots. You can go to manual and line up on a space the car is going to pass through as well but you can't do all shots that way. Always use the manual settings. I usually don't go full manual but use the Av setting so I can set my depth of field and let the camera do the rest. I just check to see the exposure is fast enough and if not I up the auto iso range a little and let the camera figure it out. You might end up cleaning up some mosquito noise in the stills but the photo editors do a decent job on that. All those shots were done hand held but the lens has Vibration Control. Use a monopod or tripod if your lens doesn't have this feature. Always shoot in raw mode. You can fix a lot of errors if you shot Raw that you can't if you use something that flattens the image like jpeg. You can always make the jpeg later. The rest is practice and watching races. The more you watch or participate the more you'll be able to find the good angles when you get to a track. And on R/C pics I usually crop them close so the car is more impressive and dramatic. To be able to do that though your focus has to be very close to spot on. If its softer than optimum then don't crop so much. I use a camera that is made for action sports shooting the Canon 7D. Features in the autofocus and just the speed it can lay down frames makes it a top choice for this type of work. Improved my shots by a ton. I've only used it 3 times so far.

Griz

I love action shots, wish there where more around.

not sure why the photos aren't loading

Thread was started 4 years ago. Original Poster probably removed the pictures from the hosting site or the hosting site had issues.