Notices

Thread: On going question

1. On going question 
    Im post this inquiry simply because I can not get a intelligent and reasonable answer to the question of “where can I acquire a few 235mm sedan bodies”. This can not be an unreasonable question, however, once asked of others I receive replies assuming Im some kind of imbecilic half wit not capable of deductively reasoning that they are out of production. OK, I realize that fact, but where can they be obtained? Who were the manufactures of these bodies? Someone out there must have the molds for these bodies. I do know that everywhere I go and mention that these bodies are not to be found, all that I talk to say that it would be nice if they were available again. If there is that much interest in my area in these bodies, there must be some interest in other areas also.. OH, by the way, I am NOT a competitor or racer, just an old retired parking lot runner that wants a well presented nice looking runner to be proud of...................I certainly hope someone here can help me

Well, at least nobody has been sarcastic around here...

Might try eBay or some old school hobby shops that have been around forever or are not good at purging old inventory. I haven't seen any in a long time. Unfortunately a dead breed as you know.

You'd think the molds would be running around somewhere. It might not even hurt to CALL Pro-Line/Protoform or Parma just to see if you can't find someone who knows what they're talking about. Maybe ask for the guy who's been there the longest? LOL

Good luck man! Let us know if you turn anything up.

-Eric

Thanks for getting back to me Eric
    I got ahold of Parma and Protoform over a year ago and they either were told not to say anything about the molds or they just didnt know. NOS in my area is just unheard of, and when I was in the Portland and Seattle area same thing. I havent checked with Proline, but I will. I hold little hope that they can or will give any encouragement.
    Thanks again

Protoform and ProLine are essentially the same but maybe they'll play along... Never know.

There's always the possibility that the molds were destroyed but for some reason it seems fairly unlikely.

Good luck!

-Eric

Skipdg,

What make and model is the chassis you are putting this on?
    That might help us to research a reply for you.

is it like an HPI SuperRS4?

235mm is old school wide body pan car.
    im in the market for a body for one myself.
    Protoform i believe has 2 available.
    the only other source i know of is McAllister
    9" is a little short of 235mm, but it's pretty close http://www.mcallisterracing.com/index_files/Page755.htm
    a friend of mine and his dad have used several of there body's over the years, say the quality is good.
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

Hi
    dinball has some in stock not sure their what your looking for but do Fit The 10L seriers
    PROTOform P905B - fits 235mm Pan-Car RC Car On Road #1500-21

also check dinball's Home RcMart