Notices

Thread: exceed rally monster slow in reverse

1. exceed rally monster slow in reverse 
    I got my daughter the rally monster and it seems to have no power in reverse. Its fine when going forward. Seemed to be a little faster when she first got it . Has about 6 runs on it.
    Last edited by dirtrider34; 10-19-2013 at 07:41 PM.

I don't know much about the car you have specifically, but it's not uncommon for reverse to be slower than forward. The ESC usually has 4-5 forward-drive FETs but only 1-2 reverse ones. So the resistance is quite a bit higher and they don't go as fast.

Additionally, a lot of motors are timed to run better forwards than reverse.

If it's brushless, then it's likely just a setting in the ESC or transmitter. You'll have to consult the manuals for either a reverse/break endpoint/ATV or a setting in the ESC for reverse drive power.

You may also need to recalibrate the ESC in either case. Sometimes they lose calibration or your transmitter's trim setting will change and require a recalibration. Also should be instructions for this in the manual.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

-Eric

Thanks for the reply. This is a brushed motor. This truck did not come with any manual it says to go online but she I go to the web site it does nothing. I am using my phone so I think I need to use a computer.

Yeah, even with the PC the website isn't so great. Maybe trying to get ahold of their US customer service center would do the trick.

Sorry I couldn't help more! It could very well be normal though. If it works OK otherwise I'm not sure I'd worry about it too much.

-Eric

Thanks for the help.

monster are faster but become slow after some time .... but Im happened to be a proud owner of this monster ....... Click here

Though the question was asked a long time ago, but still there are many people to ask the same.

For them, it's pretty common answer that- it's been reported too many times that, it's reversed being slower than forward which is pretty common.

And, when you buy it, it's quite faster, but goes slower gradually.