Notices

Thread: The Fix'er Up'er (Camaro)

1. The Fix'er Up'er (Camaro) 
    okay funny story. im in the US Air Force and currently stationed in Japan. unfortunately, all the RC tracks over here are ALL drift tracks (im an off road guy). anyway, all these japanese guys have really nice really pretty ricer cars that have flashy lights and mad camber and stuff. so i thought, you know what, i want to be different. im the only American dude so im going to get an American muscle car. and not only that, i do NOT want it to be all clean and shiny like everyone elses. so i decided to make a "diamond in the rough" type gem :P and this is how it was made.........

heres a video of it in action. its on my facebook so im not sure if it works for everyone or not:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...9394733&type=3

started by sanding the outside of the body

then applied the base "metal" coat

then added the "rust" coat

then i painted the "miss matching panels" once the colors were painted, i used a knife to scratch the paint, revealing the metal and rust coats under the color layer. i then hand painted a little surface rust.

and finally i painted the main body color, and scratched it up to reveal the rust underneath and painted a little surface rust to tie it in, and of course, removed the window masks

i even made some rusty looking wheels to go along with it, however, the body is 200mm and the wheels were 0 offset so they were WAY too narrow for the body and it didnt look right. infact, the camaro body is made to be wider in the rear so i think the rear is like 230mm or something. so i ended up not even using these wheels

Interesting idea painting the outside of the body. I guess it'd make it a bit more intuitive to lay down the colors, but probably won't be terribly crash-resistant.

Looks great though! I love the beater look.

-Eric

I love the concept and execution! Very nice!

Scalers do this all the time, simulates rock rash. Always a good idea to lay a coat of "base metal" on the inside of the body as well so that any scrapes or scuffs don't look clear.
    84 RC's and counting

that is badass!
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

Great concept, and the execution was on point; and then some. Really impressive. Good job.

looks awesome