Notices
 

Thread: boat not moving

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. boat not moving 
    #1
    Join Date
    11-25-2013
    Location
    elmwood park NJ USA
    Posts
    3
    hey guys I have a px-16 NQD storm engine boat it was working fine and now when i pull on the trigger on the remote nothing happens battery is fully charged i did notice when i get really close to it (antenna touching antenna) it works as I back away it stops i checked soldering connections and fix as needed problem still there. Could it be a bad crystal? also batteries in controller are brand new. Please help
     

  2.  
    #2
    Join Date
    01-04-2011
    Location
    Kern county.Ca.
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy247 View Post
    hey guys I have a px-16 NQD storm engine boat it was working fine and now when i pull on the trigger on the remote nothing happens battery is fully charged i did notice when i get really close to it (antenna touching antenna) it works as I back away it stops i checked soldering connections and fix as needed problem still there. Could it be a bad crystal? also batteries in controller are brand new. Please help
    You may have to get new radio gear,I would...
    Just bash it!
     

  3.  
    #3
    Join Date
    11-25-2013
    Location
    elmwood park NJ USA
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    You may have to get new radio gear,I would...
    what would i need to get and how hard is it to put it in
     

  4.  
    #4
    Join Date
    12-04-2012
    Location
    Trenton,Michigan.USA
    Posts
    804
    as from looking at you manual.. I would try this 1st.. switch crystals in radio with one in receiver box.TRY AND RUN it that way...Or if you have a servo tester maybe a hobby shop might and have the Test your servo and esc.. if they work it is your radio..as for a new radio ..it is a easier thing to switch.. radio rx some silicon to hold rx in boat.. or servo tape(dont recommend using this)..unscrew rx box remove top ..unplug servo plug and esc plug Black small plug with 3 colored wires coming out..install new rx..install wires Read radio manual.. on 1st run or setup process or Link procedure...Test On land on stand if all ok Drop it in the pond and GO..LOL
     

  5.  
    #5
    Join Date
    11-25-2013
    Location
    elmwood park NJ USA
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by tntpoof View Post
    as from looking at you manual.. I would try this 1st.. switch crystals in radio with one in receiver box.TRY AND RUN it that way...Or if you have a servo tester maybe a hobby shop might and have the Test your servo and esc.. if they work it is your radio..as for a new radio ..it is a easier thing to switch.. radio rx some silicon to hold rx in boat.. or servo tape(dont recommend using this)..unscrew rx box remove top ..unplug servo plug and esc plug Black small plug with 3 colored wires coming out..install new rx..install wires Read radio manual.. on 1st run or setup process or Link procedure...Test On land on stand if all ok Drop it in the pond and GO..LOL
    there is no crystal in recever and its the stock system no servo in the boat and no ESC
     

  6.  
    #6
    Join Date
    12-04-2012
    Location
    Trenton,Michigan.USA
    Posts
    804
    no wonder it wont move..LOL..that's a throwaway toy..everything I looked up on the model u listed showed it has what I said..stock or not...put some pics up with hatch cover removed..
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •