Notices

Thread: Losi RTR LST XXL 2 1/8 2 Cycle Gas Monster Truck

1. Losi RTR LST XXL 2 1/8 2 Cycle Gas Monster Truck 

Latest from Losi:

he Losi® LST XXL™ 2 takes the proven LST platform and adds an innovative .31 cubic inch gasoline engine, the AVC™ (Active Vehicle Control™) driving system and a whole lot more. Losi’s LST XXL 2 occupies a class of its own with waterproof electronics, ultra-durable suspension and oversized shocks all of which is built on the trusted XXL extended chassis. The driving capabilities of the LST XXL 2 are complimented by the AVC technology system. AVC automatically adjusts the driving characteristics of the LST XXL2 to match its ferocious power so you can drive faster with more control. Not only will you rarely find yourself far from a full tank of gas, but the included roto-start system ensures the LST XXL is only seconds away from starting up. With advanced durability and legendary Losi 4WD performance, little stands in the way of you and all-out RC excitement when you’re in command of the LST XXL 2.

Features:

• Innovative .31 cubic inch gasoline engine
    • AVC™ (Active Vehicle Control™) equipped
    • Full 4WD capabilities
    • Waterproof electronics
    • Extended length XXL chassis with red anodized chassis plates
    • Ultra-durable suspension and oversized shocks
    • Spektrum™ DX2E DSMR™ 2.4GHz radio system Included
    • Comes equipped with a convenient roto-start tool

Product Specifications

Scale:1/8
    Length:23.00 in (584.2mm)
    Width:18.5 in (470mm)
    Height:9.8 in (250mm)
    Ground Clearance:3.7 in (94mm)
    Wheelbase:15.3 in (391mm)
    Weight:13.1 lb (5897 g)
    Chassis:2.5mm Plate, Aluminum
    Suspension:Oil filled coil over, independent
    Drivetrain:4WD
    Tire Type:420 ATX
    Motor or Engine:.31 ci
    Radio:Spektrum DX2E
    Batteries:7.4V 2400mAh 2S LiPo
    Wheel Size:4.1 in (105mm)
    Kit/RTR:RTR
    Shock Type:5.9 in (151mm), Aluminum
    Body:XXL 2, painted, screened
    Ball Bearings:Complete
    Fuel Tank Capacity:300cc (10.1 oz)
    Recommended Environment:Outdoor
    Is Assembly Required:No

Needed to Complete:

• 91 or Higher Octane Gasoline
    • Gasoline-approved Dispensing Container
    • 7.2V 6-Cell NiMH Stick Battery Pack and Charger for Spin-Start
    • LiPo Charger for Included 2S LiPo Receiver Pack

LOS04002 - $799.99

Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor
    trevord@airage.com | rccanews@airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com

the one time i actually want a running video in the thread and nothing. WTH! im curious as hell about the performance and noise level and when HPI is going to finally do the savage octane, with an SS kit option. cause that, i tell you what, i might be interested in.
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

damn, sounds just like a freaking nitro. HATE that sound. was hoping it would sound more like a dirt bike. it's also still to loud. im out, no further interest.
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbnHooligan View Post
    damn, sounds just like a freaking nitro. HATE that sound. was hoping it would sound more like a dirt bike. it's also still to loud. im out, no further interest.
    Not surprised. The piston is the same, the scavenging port setup is the same and the exhaust is the same. The only real change is CDI to create a spark since the motor isn't a compression ignition setup. The reason that a dirt bike sounds different is displacement and reed valves. You're hearing the braap braap out of a dirt bike because it's going back to idle frequently. If you were to leave it at high rpms you would hear similar sounds as a nitro trying to make do with one or two gears.

The real gain is cheaper fuel and the possibility of not having to tune it as often. I bet it still is a PITA once the piston/cylinder wear too far and lose compression just like nitro.

Wish it sounded better too. I can see many companies trying to make a tuned pipe that sounds better and gets better performance. I can also see this engine getting stuffed in darn near everything!

Hmm….Interesting…..I've been waiting for somebody to make a gasoline engine for 8th scale work out…..I'd like to see this engine in a Short Course truck (Like an SC8) and maybe a buggy or truggy. Cheap Fuel, Less Tuning….I like that, especially since I have no luck in the nitro field. I just can't keep them running right for some reason…...LOL
    ~Billy McGaha~
    Racing: RC8B / OS VSpec21 / Ninja 2042 / PL CrowdPleazer - NO Crap-Forward Bodies Here!!
    Racing: SC8e / Castle MMM2 2200Kv / Ace servos / SMC Batteries / AKA tires
    SC8 | SC10 | TC3-Rally | GT | T3 | RC10 | Losi Mini-T | HPI Micro RS4 | Tamiya HotShot
    http://www.youtube.com/user/t3gt2000
    The TiltYard!!