Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor | Air Age Media
    trevord@airage.com | rccanews@airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com
    RotorDrone Magazine | RotorDroneMag.com

2. Thumbs down  
    Nope!!!!
    ~Billy McGaha~
    Racing: RC8B / OS VSpec21 / Ninja 2042 / PL CrowdPleazer - NO Crap-Forward Bodies Here!!
    Racing: SC8e / Castle MMM2 2200Kv / Ace servos / SMC Batteries / AKA tires
    SC8 | SC10 | TC3-Rally | GT | T3 | RC10 | WCrr | Losi Mini-T | HPI Micro RS4 | Tamiya HotShot
    http://www.youtube.com/user/t3gt2000
    The TiltYard!!

Might look better with some real paint. But I still do not think I will like it.

Gack! Yuk! Nasty

congratulations, that looks like crap!
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

Really Pro-Line? All these years and you haven't figured out two basic things:

1. The front of the body goes on the tires that steer.

2. Bodies are painted on the inside so they are shiny (and don't create drag since it's apparently the most important thing about that style body).

Quote Originally Posted by andystoybox View Post
    Really Pro-Line? All these years and you haven't figured out two basic things:

1. The front of the body goes on the tires that steer.

2. Bodies are painted on the inside so they are shiny (and don't create drag since it's apparently the most important thing about that style body).
    And lets not forget:

3: the illusion of "cab forward" bodies getting you more steering or better handling, is just that, and illusion. It's poor excuse to make bodies that are designed by people with no artistic skills. Hire some real artists and crafters and start making some decent looking bodies.

Well Said Pack -- And 100% correct!! I've tried to put this explanation into words many times before and have never really been able to properly explain the whole Cab-Forward Theory the way I see it. The BEST explanation I've ever heard was from THE JANG!! -- And Again, I agree 100%!!

Posted on the URC Forum -- theJANG - 4.30.12, 3:30 pm

"I've heard first-hand of scientific testing showing that cab-forward bodies can actually create less downforce than traditional ones. Can't quote a source, sorry, but I do personally believe have confidence in the test. The biggest thing cab forward bodies do is, as JConcepts now regularly says, adjust "visual bias." Your eyes see a different axis of rotation relative to the dominant cab and you end up driving differently. In some cases they also weigh a bit more, and I tend to believe that weight (and weight balance) difference may make a barely perceptible difference in performance. I think most of the hoopla about "front downforce" being generated by the windshield is nothing more than that -- hoopla. In reality there's a big turbulent & even partly stagnant air mass behind the shock tower at speed, but the dynamic pressure is not greater than ambient, and with some shock towers I'm sure there's even a loss of static pressure, resulting in some lifting force against small horizontal area of Lexan in that zone. In other words, you end up with something between no zero downforce, and a little lift.

I think truggies should just go open body now. The rules governing windows have been stretched & abused to such a degree that any chance of them looking like vehicles is long gone. Let 'em do whatever they want, just use ISC style rules or like 1/8th onroad -- it has to look like there's some sort of passenger compartment that in theory a person could be in or see out of."
    ~Billy McGaha~
    Racing: RC8B / OS VSpec21 / Ninja 2042 / PL CrowdPleazer - NO Crap-Forward Bodies Here!!
    Racing: SC8e / Castle MMM2 2200Kv / Ace servos / SMC Batteries / AKA tires
    SC8 | SC10 | TC3-Rally | GT | T3 | RC10 | WCrr | Losi Mini-T | HPI Micro RS4 | Tamiya HotShot
    http://www.youtube.com/user/t3gt2000
    The TiltYard!!