1. Sneak Peek: JConcepts Silencer Body For The RC10B5 

Latest from JConcepts:
    Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor
    trevord@airage.com | rccanews@airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com

Eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww no!

3. Thumbs down Cab-Forward Blues!! 
    …And so, this horrible fad continues…..Geez--enough already!!

It's not just the fact that these cab-fowards bodies are IN right now for racers, it's not having a choice in the near future that bothers me. Pretty soon you're not going to be able to get a regular cab body anymore and everyone will be forced to run these stupid things. It's Ridiculous! I can deal with people liking these things, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at least give us a choice!!

Pro-Line has already discontinued theirs, J-Concepts are fazing theirs out and all of the "Racing" companies are making nothing but cab-forwards for their "New" vehicles that are being released. (For example, The B5) There is NO Option for the B5. Either get it, or don't get it. It Sucks!! It's such a shame, I used to like racing too. I guess I'll just have to stick to Short Course racing only, since they actually LOOK LIKE A TRUCK!!!
    Last edited by T3GT; 02-08-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    ~Billy McGaha~
    Racing: RC8B / OS VSpec21 / Ninja 2042 / PL CrowdPleazer - NO Crap-Forward Bodies Here!!
    Racing: SC8e / Castle MMM2 2200Kv / Ace servos / SMC Batteries / AKA tires
    SC8 | SC10 | TC3-Rally | GT | T3 | RC10 | Losi Mini-T | HPI Micro RS4 | Tamiya HotShot
    http://www.youtube.com/user/t3gt2000
    The TiltYard!!

Quote Originally Posted by T3GT View Post
    it's not having a choice in the near future that bothers me. Pretty soon you're not going to be able to get a regular cab body anymore and everyone will be forced to run these stupid things. It's Ridiculous!
    i know where you're coming from and i know what you're saying. but now i must somewhat pull that quote out of context for a rant.
    that attitude bugs the hell out of me. you're not being forced, nobody has a gun to your head. it's very easy to not run one. simply don't buy the body. when standard cab/cockpit body's are all that's available DON'T BUY THE CHASSIS!
    what in the hell is so hard about being stubborn? should i start a class, teach people how to do it? it's very easy. give me what i want or F you, you're not getting my money. you don't even have to go without, cab forward bodies are one reason i bought a monster truck instead of another stadium truck. see how that works? don't like it? don't buy the bodies. don't buy the chassis' the bodies are for. and bitch about it nonstop! when manufactures see they are loosing money, or loosing a potential profitable market, they'll get with the program. ...or go out of business. but don't feel bad about that, it's self inflicted. it's there own fault for not supplying customers with what they wanted.
    we can fix this. we the consumers have the money and therefor have the power! we have the gun held to there heads. why don't we realize it, and why aren't we acting like it?
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

Nice Rant…...Crude, But true….But I'm really talking about that fact that there are vehicles that we like, and no options of a body to put on it…..I LOVE our race vehicles; buggies & truggies, LOVE all of the engineering and progressions that have been made, but can't stand what they are doing to them. It's like having a treasure, but you're going to cover it up by smearing ***** all over it. In this aspect, they are taking options away from us. I know how economics work, so no need for the lesson.

From your rant above;
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbnHooligan View Post
    ...cab forward bodies are one reason i bought a monster truck instead of another stadium truck. see how that works? don't like it? don't buy the bodies. don't buy the chassis' the bodies are for. and bitch about it nonstop!...
    Think about this--In a way, they "forced" you to buy a monster truck instead of the stadium truck that you originally wanted. See how that works? You wanted something, but they ruined it for you, so it makes you choose a secondary option. I'm not "bitching nonstop" about it, just stating my opinion so that some body manufacturers out there might hear or read my opinion and maybe think about opening up the regular cab market again. I'm not getting ON you about it, just giving you a different view of what you stated.

Just like people in all different fields out there, a lot racers tend to be sheep by buying everything that the "Pro" drivers run, which may or may not help them out--usually the latter. They just get stuff because the Pros have them, which I thought was always ridiculous. The few that stand up with their own opinion, like we do, are always out numbered and tend to have less power in the market. We are a minority in the RC market. Sometimes we're heard and thought about, most times we're ignored. But that's life.

-- End of MY Rant -- your turn again : - )
    ~Billy McGaha~
    Racing: RC8B / OS VSpec21 / Ninja 2042 / PL CrowdPleazer - NO Crap-Forward Bodies Here!!
    SC8 | SC10 | TC3-Rally | GT | T3 | RC10 | Losi Mini-T | HPI Micro RS4 | Tamiya HotShot
    The TiltYard!!

Wait. Don't I get to have a turn?

Go right ahead Andy….The floor is OPEN!!

LOL
    ~Billy McGaha~
    The TiltYard!!

If I may interrupt quickly, many people (myself included) have begun pulling our own bodies. I have a SWorks S104 and while it's a great car, the body is FUGLY. So, I got my hands on a few repro bodies from the 90's (when the designers has taste) and am modifying them to fit my new car. It's not hard.

I return the floor.

That's a great Idea Pack!! I was wondering with all the retro stuff that was going on, that there might be a way to modify older bodies to fit the new vehicles. I'm no stranger to modifying bodies, I've done several in my time, so now is the time to be creative again. Nice way of putting a positive spin on it. Kudos Man!! : - D
    ~Billy McGaha~
    The TiltYard!!

To expand on Pack's Idea:

Name:  Sat-BKCars-12.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  69.0 KB

I can definitely see were a few mods can make it possible for the World's car RC10 body to fit on the B5…..KOOL!! : D

I'd give it a shot if I was getting a B5!!
    Last edited by T3GT; 02-10-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    ~Billy McGaha~
    The TiltYard!!

Here's a great comparison!!

Name:  Sat-BKCars-10 copy.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  83.2 KB

Pics from:
    http://events.redrc.net/2014/02/chas...10-classic-b5/
    Last edited by T3GT; 02-10-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    ~Billy McGaha~
    The TiltYard!!

IF there is enough interest, someone will make what the crowd wants. Get close to what you're wanting and start talking to a vacuum former about pulling a short run. The vacuum former we use through work will prototype with foam and plaster inside the original to create a mold to work off. Any changes after that can be built up and sanded smooth. It's only good for 10 or so before it starts delaminating but that's all you're really wanting anyway. I'm pretty sure TBG doesn't do it much different than that.

Think about this--In a way, they "forced" you to buy a monster truck instead of the stadium truck that you originally wanted. See how that works? You wanted something, but they ruined it for you, so it makes you choose a secondary option. I'm not "bitching nonstop" about it, just stating my opinion so that some body manufacturers out there might hear or read my opinion and maybe think about opening up the regular cab market again. I'm not getting ON you about it, just giving you a different view of what you stated.
    i guess that's a way to look at it. but in my reality they didn't "force" me to buy anything. iv always liked monster trucks (full size and RC). it's a segment i would have gotten into well over a decade ago, but what's kept me out was ether the trucks were to big for what i was doing, didn't offer the performance i was after, just cost to much for me, didn't offer a kit option, or had no local support. so i stayed away from it.
    and then HPI dropped the savage xs ss. the timing was just right. im pissed at the segment im in (stadium trucks), but there's this new monster truck that's everything iv been looking for in a monster truck. it's as if the RC gods finally threw me a bone.
    if HPI hadn't put out the SS kit version of that truck id still be running a beat up 14 year old losi xxxt. who know's where i would have ended up after factory support for it had come to an end. i may have wound up in on road cars, which is something iv always messed with in small doses. but i could just as easily have walked away from the hobby entirely and found something else to tinker with.
    in no way do i see it as though i was forced or lured or lead into another arena. it's more like they finally left the door unlocked and i was finally able to break in. im actually stoked as hell about it. but i see where you're coming from.
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

That's a great Idea Pack!! I was wondering with all the retro stuff that was going on, that there might be a way to modify older bodies to fit the new vehicles. I'm no stranger to modifying bodies, I've done several in my time, so now is the time to be creative again. Nice way of putting a positive spin on it. Kudos Man!! : - D
    Thanks! I try to capture my creativity. I am presently beginning with a REPRO of an old Andy's Apache Warrior body for the OLD YZ-10. The body is awesome as is (used to run one on my YZ-10 when I raced it back in the day) and it's almost a fit. But it's much to wide. So, I'm cutting the plug up and shortening it to fit the new car. I have the vacuum box made and bought a shop vac and have a source for the polycarbonate. Just researching the best way to hold the poly for heating and forming. Once I finish up the plugs, I am going to start pulling my own bodies. The internet is a great source of info for crazy's like me!

It doesn't sound like this will change people's opinions on the body, but for what's it worth here is what the body looks like with a custom paint job:

Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor
    trevord@airage.com | rccanews@airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com

Nice paint job,.....the body is still ugly.

AWESOME!!!!! But why do they have the wing on backwards over the front axle???? Whatever design that chassis is, I'm not so sure that the front mounted motor will withstand a huge impact without breaking something.

Keep going though... Bell Bottoms were in style twice too.