Notices

Thread: OFNA RTR X3-GT 1/8 Nitro Touring Car

1. OFNA RTR X3-GT 1/8 Nitro Touring Car 

Latest from OFNA:

OFNA brings it again with more GT racing action with the X3-GT. X3 has been our off-road platform for racing and now we bring it to the GT class. X3's super smooth driver train will excel for this GT with sealed bearings for greater efficiency and with a two speed and a Force .28 engine that will rocket this car into sheer speed. The looks of the body are also awesome with the Cosmic Race body as it is designed with low drag for speed. X3-GT is a solid weapon for racing or whipping down the street.

Force. 28 engine has always been our moster of choice, the GT is going to love the way it yanks the car and carries the speed. It's mean and a solid performer.

X3-GT use the two-shoe clutch for the 2-Speed system, nylon spur gears and steel pinions propel the GT up to speed and rolls smoothly on bearings for free rolling operation. Stiiting with the 2-Speed is a fiber disc brake to slow your car down after reaching your top speed.

An over-head King-Pin steering raises the arms for clearance and the steering hubs low to the outer ends of the car. Light and small kingpins are light and strong, less weight for better steering response. Steering knuckles hold in the high angled CVD for those full turn rates from left to right, large inner hub bearing is long lasting for less heat buildup and bearing failure.

X3-GT's front and rear suspensions are meant to stay low, unlike their buggy cousin it's designed to sweep corners and hug the road. Low crafted shock towers and super short stroke shocks maintain the performance over and over again, we have had the best shock in the industry with buggies and X3 is brought with same design.

V2 big bore short stroke shocks keep the GT low but ride height can be set for what you want, firm springs and 3.5 shock shafts provide rebound and smooth dampening. Hardcoated shock bodies have long life on wear as the pistons does the job of carrying the car into and out of corners, OFNA's best shocks on it's best cars and X3-GT is one of them.

A polished pipe and intergrated fuel tank with fuel clips help route the fuel lines clean and neat.

The radio tray gets all the electros out fast, so cleaning is easy instead of taking a chance and damaging your radio gear. Your battery receiver and servos all come out together. Just unbolt from the chassis and both servo screws and your cleaning quickly.

X3-GT's front and rear bumpers protect the car front and rear but the rear bumper is also designed to help channel the air from under the car and defusse the air for more rear suspension grip. The bumper is relative to the DM-1 and created an industry standard for big GT cars so it has been brought over to the X3-GT.

Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor
    trevord@airage.com | rccanews@airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com

kinda like that body.
    so when's the electric version coming out? (or is it already out and i just missed that thread?)
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbnHooligan View Post
    kinda like that body.
    so when's the electric version coming out? (or is it already out and i just missed that thread?)
    Not that I recall so maybe one is in the works. But they did release this car back in 2012 that is a 1/8 electric ride:

http://forum.rccaraction.com/showthr...edan-80-Roller
    Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor
    trevord@airage.com | rccanews@airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com

i remember that one. iv researched it a little bit.
    iv always liked 1/8 scale on road for some reason. one of these days just maybe...
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message