Notices

Thread: Scorpion, frog, rc10, or hot shot re releases

1. Scorpion, frog, rc10, or hot shot re releases 
    What's up. Looking for some opinions. I just built a lunchbox and hornet re release and had a blast. I'm looking to build another, but want one that performs a little better. I've narrowed it down to a Kyosho Scorpion, tamiya frog or hot shot or the rc10 rerelease. I'm leaning towards the Scorpion. I don't expect to go to the track and beat a traxxas slash, but would like to be able to run at a track non competitively as well have as a challenging fun build that looks great when done.
    Thx for any input.

welcome.. so you want a new fun build that will be able to run at the track.. not gonna happen..you are building 1980's era rc.. get in the 2000.. Id suggest a Team C.. they are kits also.. but will compete and win..
    But if you wanta build vintage rc go with the scorpion..just drop a 17.5 brushless in it. with a 2200mah 2 cell lipo..

Thx for the info. I know the scorpion has an aluminum chasis and gears. Do you think it could handlea brushless in stock form or would i need ro upgrade anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan View Post
    Thx for the info. I know the scorpion has an aluminum chasis and gears. Do you think it could handlea brushless in stock form or would i need ro upgrade anything?

A mild brushless system would work. If you get a motor that is too "hot", you could very well have some drive train issues.

Hi toolfan.. Yes i think and know the scorpion will handle a 17.5T brushless easly..