Notices

Thread: JConcepts Finnisher T5M Body

1. JConcepts Finnisher T5M Body 

Latest from JConcepts:

JConcepts is here to support the emergence of stadium truck with a Finnisher body which drop fits on to the Team Associated T5M racing truck. The #0289 body incorporates pre-dimpled locations for the hottest new truck on the circuit. The slight cab forward, raked windshield and aggressive stance highlight a performance oriented core. A revised front hood scoop allows plenty of clearance for the unique T5M geometry while smoothing out the front down force area. Front chin spoiler, headlight and grill protect the front-end from unwanted up-drafts during flight while the supplied decals stand-out like an 18 wheeler.

Like the ROAR National Champion Hi-Flow SCT body, the Finnisher body has built-in air escape passages which allow the customer to fine-tune the body for maximum outdoor performance. The new body includes the high performance gurney spoiler which increases rear grip and balances the handling characteristics of the aggressively styled body. The Finnisher for the T5M is class leading straight out of the package. 1/10th stadium truck racing is back, JConcepts style.

Features:

• Drop-on fit for the T5M
    • Original - JConcepts Finnisher design
    • Blended wing / body design
    • Includes additional separate gurney spoiler with mounting hardware
    • Clear polycarbonate with protective film
    • Window masks and Finnisher decal sheet

Finnisher - RC10T5M body w/spoiler
    Part # - 0289
    Retail price – $31.00
    (Fits – Team Associated T5M)

JConcepts - Finnisher T5M gurney spoiler
    Part # - 0147
    Retail price – $7.00
    (Fits - #0289 direct replacement spoiler)

Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor | Air Age Media
    trevord(at)airage.com
    rccanews(at)airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com
    RotorDrone Magazine | RotorDroneMag.com

better looking than the stock body
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

BEST front end so far, and Yes, WAY BETTER than the stock body.....You almost had it....Now fix that pansy-a$$ slant roof and you can have a good looking truck body here.....They just can't seem to make it to the finish line with these bodies.

$31? Really? I don't think so. Stadium Truck bodies never went over $20 back in the day. This is a Rip Off!! And don't forget the $7 useless wing, sold separate now. The wing used to be molded into the back of the body. What happened to that? The truck runs the same whether you have a wing or not. It NEVER made a difference. Only for looks.

Hmm....Glad I don't run these stupid things anymore.
    Last edited by T3GT; 03-19-2015 at 11:44 PM.
    ~Billy McGaha~
    Racing: RC8.2e / Tekin RX8 Gen2 T8 1900KV / AE Stock - NO Crap-Forward Bodies Here!!
    Racing: SC8e / Castle MMM2 2200Kv / Ace servos / SMC Batteries / Procircuit tires
    SC8 | SC10 | TC3-Rally | GT | T3 | WCrr | RC10 | Losi Mini-T | HPI Micro RS4 | Tamiya HotShot
    http://www.youtube.com/user/t3gt2000
    The TiltYard!!

yeah the price is a total rip off. and it is a total used car salesman move to not include the wing. i think the last stadium truck body i bought i paid like $25 for. wing included. i guess you have to pay to look good now-a-days.

and the wing does make a difference. iv experimented with it. when the truck is on the ground the wing is useless. it has no effect. hell it no doubt slows the truck down do to the excess drag it creates. it's like having a bigass air brake on the back of the truck. but when the truck is air born, that's when i could feel a difference. with the wing the truck jumped more consistent, felt more responsive and felt more stable. i never got around to testing wing angles or wing height.
    im suburban hooligan and i approve this message

I could never feel the difference. I would put the wing on and run it anyway. Eventually the wing would get ripped off the truck after many races, and I would just run it without the wing. But, I NEVER felt a difference, on ground or in the air. I only put it on truck when the body was new just to put the kool PRO-LINE sticker across it.....LOL
    ~Billy McGaha~
    Racing: RC8.2e / Tekin RX8 Gen2 T8 1900KV / AE Stock - NO Crap-Forward Bodies Here!!
    Racing: SC8e / Castle MMM2 2200Kv / Ace servos / SMC Batteries / Procircuit tires
    SC8 | SC10 | TC3-Rally | GT | T3 | WCrr | RC10 | Losi Mini-T | HPI Micro RS4 | Tamiya HotShot
    http://www.youtube.com/user/t3gt2000
    The TiltYard!!

The prices listed above are all MSRP. The street price for the body will be $25-27, and the wing should sell for $5-6. Sorry if this wasn't clear, but going forward I could add MSRP behind prices if that helps.

Also, this body comes with one spoiler. The #147 spoiler is a replacement part since truck spoilers tend to get bent easily just like a 1/10 buggy.
    Trevor “Chilly” Duncan | Online News Editor | Air Age Media
    trevord(at)airage.com
    rccanews(at)airage.com
    Radio Control Car Action | RCCarAction.com
    Model Airplane News | ModelAirPlaneNews.com
    RotorDrone Magazine | RotorDroneMag.com

At least the body isn't totally revolting. It's at least truck-ish...and not some fugly cab forward thing. As for wings on stadium trucks....drove with and without. Several different angles and sizes. It made NO impact on how it handled. Changing ride height, oil weight, spring tension made more impacts.
    And for the price, hate to tell you chilli, but after working at a hobby shop for almost a decade, the street price is almost always the MSRP when it comes to bodies. I have only seen a couple places (online places at that and the shipping is outrageous) that drop it by a buck or two.