Notices

Thread: Inexpensive starter RC truck

1. Inexpensive starter RC truck 
    Just trying to get into this RC thing. I was wondering if there was a descent inexpensive offroad rc truck or buggy that I can upgrade later with say a brushless motor. I do not really know what all is customizable at this time but looking to learn. Thanks for the information in advance.

143 views and no responses. Are there any active members on here that are looking to help keep the hobby alive by informing new members?

The slash 4x4.. Losi SCTE V2..Race roller...those are a good start.. Your post is misleading.. It reads like ur telling us about a RC truck..butt you are not

Its a very good thing if you are going to start with the RC. May i know clearly about your work what you achieved till now.
    Can you please post your project details here?
    Also no need to go later on with the brushless motor, it is easy to work with them and also it ll be helpful if you use them in the start.

I would suggest you go for a brushless buggy have a look at the following link its the Dune Buggy. http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/rc-cars/du...z-version.html Its not expensive bearing in mind it has a brushless setup. They also have a brushed version but the upgraded version comes with brushless setup including 3300KV brushless motor, 60A brushless ESC with fan assisted heat-sink and a 7.4V 2200mAh lithium polymer battery. The brushless setup gives a lot more power and speed as well as less maintenance of the motor.

brant have you ever used this buggy u are advising ? Id say no.. a 1/8 scale buggy with a 2200mah battery is a joke so is a 2wd buggy.. any of the RC;s i listed is much stronger and way faster than why you have along with parts availability . ur advised is zero mine are 100% parts availability thru local hobby shops. does yours NO.

and associated truck or perhaps a traxxas or ECX Torment