Notices

Thread: Inexpensive Mini Rock Crawler?

1. Inexpensive Mini Rock Crawler? 
    I'm interested in finding an inexpensive mini rock crawler. Something that is 1:24 scale or smaller. Something I can play with in the living room and around the house when I don't have the chance to get out to the park with my 1:10 trucks. I have this vision of building an obstacle course around the house inside and outside that I can challenge myself with. I think it could be a lot of fun.

I have looked at the ECX Temper 1:24 Rock Crawler and I am wondering what other options might be out there. I don't want to spend a lot of money (under $100) so I know that is going to limit my options somewhat.

Anyone have any ideas or advice?

hi sdgibbs , i imagine for your choice you like somethink a bit "pro" i see this model in a good price (i belive) is the model WLtoys No.24438 price €41.36 (use this Cuppon: RCOF)

also i leave you some of the video i record with my hb p1801 xD is a reaally cheap one around 20€ but is soo fun, You have more info in the description video.

i send you a gretting

I was searching for the same answer as questioned by sdgibbs.

Thanks sOnGoKu for your suggestion.

Can anyone please give any other idea?

you are welcome friend ,, you are looking for 1/24 also? o like to be a bit bigger?

Hi S Willy -

I had been looking at the ECX Temper and was seriously thinking about it. I have an ECX MT that I am happy with, but I read some negative reviews about the Temper that are causing me to rethink it. I don't want to spend as much money as a Losi would cost, so I may be stuck unless I want to pony up more money for the quality I want.

Hello sdgibbs,

1/18 Temper here, and am well pleased with it's performance at its price point. I did a 4WS conversion on it for my 4' x 8' workshop rock table. Crawls it well.

RC4WD also makes an affordable 1/18 in the Gelande II RTR. Comes in at less than $200, like the 1/18 Temper. I'm looking at as a future purchase for rock table use.

Hope this helps. 'AC'
    Arnie Hauswald Racing 1943

I should clarify that it was the 1:24 Temper that I was looking at and saw some not favorable reviews. I have heard many good things about the 1:18 Temper. I just have to decide if I want something as big as 1:18 or something smaller. Thanks!