Notices

Thread: Old Novak brushless SS5800 compatibility

1. Old Novak brushless SS5800 compatibility 
    Hello Everyone I am new to the forum here. I'm hoping someone here can answer a question I have about an old Novak S5800 brushless motor ( about ten years old which I know is a lifetime in RC years). Is this motor compatible with the newer speed controls like the Dynamite speed or even the stock speed control from a new Rustler or Stampede? The Novak has a capacitor hanging off of it as well a whole bunch of (I'm guessing here) sensor wires, as well as the power wires you would normally see. Any help here would be awesome. Maybe I'll find I should just can the Novak and get a updated brushless. Thanx in advance

Hello mustangfg4,

I recommend going with an updated system where you are certain of compatibility.

Don't can the SS5800. Look around for a compatible Novak ESC and marry them up on a retro build. It's been my experience that Novak products work best together.

http://www.rcmart.com/novak-3005-ss5...d-p-10990.html

Good luck. Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum. Kinda quiet here, though...

AC
    Arnie Hauswald Racing 1943

Hey thanx a lot for replying I didnt think anyone was going to I just kinda figured I would have to wait awhile checked the forum i a couple days as you can tell. Maybe ill put the brushless in my old Duratrax Evader ST i'm not sure the transmission can handle it tho and yes , it is quiet.

mustang some older novak will only work on old systems reason they used a temp sension wire location on sensore plug not common to other esc.. the ss was one that did this..you evader will work but not long with the ss motor ideler gear will fail thats the weak spot in that trans..