Notices

Thread: Old School Newbie Questions

1. Old School Newbie Questions 
    Getting back into electric RC racing after about a 20 year break. Things have changed dramatically and I need some advice. I bought a Losi Ten SCTE 3.0 short course truck and am in the process of building it. Now I need to get my ESC, motor, LiPo packs and charger figured out. I don't mind spending a little money and definitely don't want to get beat by technology. I have searched and searched but everything I find is 3+ years old as far as reviews go. Does anyone out there have a good place to see current information on RC technology? Or better yet your own thoughts on what I need. Thank you for any help.

yes .. a servo.. id go with a hitec high speed metal gear with a servo saver,, just some fyi the losi scte build in servo saver fails.. the spring... motor most tracks have limits better check them ..mine around me is 3500kv.. i use a tekin.. as for a spedo or esc id go with a tenshock.. i got the combo to start but motor failed after 2+ hard race years..as for a charge ..i got thiss to write a review on 6 months back its now the only one i use at the track.https://www.banggood.com/RadioLink-C...PA-en-rhs-m-v5 as for batteries.. what are qualifiers in length time..mine are 7 with a 8 minute main.. i love the SMC lipo.. i have a 5500 w 50c.. 2 cell..