Notices

Thread: Where my ol boys at?!

1. Where my ol boys at?! 
    Been mostly out of the game for quite a while. I used to frequent the forums 10 years ago and have a good time with some cool guys. It seems most of them haven't been active for years but wondering how things have been going. I'm nostalgic and making a slow return to the hobby with a Losi 22T and a Stampede. Might be buying up some stuff that I had wanted when I was younger. :P

Z-Man280
    JamesBernatchez
    Tamiya84
    Savage100
    ElectricThunder
    Demon-TC3

Hope all is well!

Boom. I decided to pop in and see whats going on here. Still dead lol. But whats up dude!

Quote Originally Posted by 4DMNYC View Post
    Boom. I decided to pop in and see whats going on here. Still dead lol. But whats up dude!
    Man, things are going well! A lot has changed and I'm creeping back into this hobby after being nostalgic and finding stacks of RCCA magazines. lol Idk if it's just the forum that is dead or the whole hobby but I hope it picks up around here. Traxxas seems to be doing well. O.o

How has life been treating you??

Glad things are going well for you! All is good on this end. I actually haven't been in the hobby as of late. Just been busy doing other things. I popped in here on a whim and saw your post lol. I gotta say I miss the hobby and this forum though. I was reading old threads and posts getting nostalgic myself. We really had a nice little community here. Too bad it fell apart.

Glad things are going well for you! All is good on this end. I actually haven't been in the hobby as of late. Just been busy doing other things. I popped in here on a whim and saw your post lol. I gotta say I miss the hobby and this forum though. I was reading old threads and posts getting nostalgic myself. We really had a nice little community here. Too bad it fell apart.
    I did the exact same thing, reading through old threads. We did have a good group of guys. I wish this forum acted like others where we could tag their screen names and notify them via email.

I think I got out around 08 while I was in high school digging deeper and deeper into my first real car. I had a 93 thunderbird that I was doing audio modifications with then traded that car for an 88 (fox body) mustang. The fox bodies have a gargantuan following for performance modifications and racing so that bug hit me hard. I went to college, earned a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and now have an office job with a big oil & gas company. Been here almost 4 years and slowly started collecting and modifying a few RC's here the past couple years. With all the commotion of getting my life to this point, I had forgotten how much time and effort I dedicated to this hobby in my youth. I also realized how much things have changed since then. I hope everybody is doing well!

i was around 10 years ago. i remember 4DMNYC, but not you. the only name on the list that i remember is Z-Man280. but another user, i don't remember who it was... it was a while ago, he would message me on yahoo messenger, told me he thinks Z-Man280 died. if i remember it correctly he talked to Z-Man on yahoo messenger as well and said that he was concerned about pancreatic cancer and then a few months later just never logged on again.

what ever happened to FESTER2004? he was a mod and like one of the last hold outs on the forum.
    i remember somebody with GTX or something like that in his name. he was building a jeep.
    friends don't let friends race on pavement

I remember Fester for sure. There was ONE, zueslilbuddy, rccardude04, and Andystoybox too. I think Andystoybox started an Ebay store that I coincidentally bought a few things from when I was recently jumping back into the hobby.

Sad news about Z-Man. He was a genuinely nice guy all over the forum. I forget that yahoo messenger and AIM were big back then.

I don't remember if it was you but I want to say you got a lot of attention for being a girl on the forum. Lol Didn't people start threads about you or something?

i don't remember anything specific other than that someone did start a thread in the secret forum trying to get me to post pic's, which i never did. i just got mad and stopped checking the forum for a few weeks. when i finally did check it again the thread was gone.

Lol maybe it was that thread.

Have you been messing with any RC's lately?

i still do a little bit of RC'ing here and there. 4 kids and full size sand toys have taken over. but we still have a 5B, 5SC, a couple SC10's and a TC3. earlier this year some friends started meeting in the parking lot we used to hang out and RC in back in high school. everyone started fixing up there old touring cars. so about once a month a few of us get together and run those. the forum was brought up the last time we got together, we didn't know if it was still going or not. i finally just got around to checking. to be honest im surprised it's still going. it wasn't getting much use the last time i checked it, old users seemed to be mad at the way it was being run, a few people got banned, there seemed to be a lot of contempt and a whole lot of spam. i can remember someone passing around a mod or admins online dating profile on yahoo messenger. i was reading on other forums people hating on the magazine. it was bad.

Cool that the old group got back together for some bashing. Me and a good buddy are really competitive and one day I mentioned it and he said he had a T3 when he was a kid and I had a XX buggy so we started talking trash and ended up buying some 1/10 stadium trucks to race each other with in the company parking lot at work. lol that's how this whole thing started back up for me really.

This forum only sees a few posts a week it looks like, at most. RCTech forum is still going super strong, like the old days of RCCA. I have a huge stack of the magazines from the early 00's that I peeked through recently. I can't say they were bad, I loved getting them in the mail and taking them to school to distract me. lol

so what stadium trucks did you guys buy?

He snagged a T4.1, then I got a Losi 22T 2.0. His had a velineon system in it on 3s and I had a duratrax element (castle built) system on 2s. Mine had a higher kV and but his extra battery power made it a little too easy so I got a castle SV3 system with a 5700kV motor on 3s so he doesn't stand a chance. lol

My 22T originally came with an Xcelorin system but it was pretty slow and had a 2s limit so I moved it to a stampede I got to have fun with that.

He then went back to his roots and bought a mint T3 RTR, with box, manuals, etc. Great truck for competitive "stock" racing. Since he got that I'd like to find an old XX-T or XXX-T with a stock motor/ESC as well. Maybe sneak that spare duratrax element system into it one day and mess with him. O.o

I see by your statement you don't do much league racing any stock racing ..by me its blinky mode 17.5T max 2 cell only....the old school stadium trucks from b4 2010 don't stand a chance with the mid motor trucks ..ull see on the 1st turn when they can hit it at near full speed and ur old school will not track rolls will happen..i have a few old school XXXT some mf edition but no stock electronics...

zman280 is alive and well in Michigan. I speak to him on Facebook from time to time. He's been doing some 1:1 scale drag racing.
    Sup surfer_girl

Quote Originally Posted by skylineTT View Post
    Sad news about Z-Man. He was a genuinely nice guy all over the forum. I forget that yahoo messenger and AIM were big back then

that's good news to hear about Z-Man. he literally seemed to fall off the face of the earth and it happened quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by tntpoof View Post
    I see by your statement you don't do much league racing any stock racing ..by me its blinky mode 17.5T max 2 cell only....the old school stadium trucks from b4 2010 don't stand a chance with the mid motor trucks ..ull see on the 1st turn when they can hit it at near full speed and ur old school will not track rolls will happen..i have a few old school XXXT some mf edition but no stock electronics...
    That's true, I've bashed with a mid motor 22T and noticed how much better he could track through the turns. Mine has the mid motor option and I considered it but haven't felt the need to convert yet. When I said "competitive stock racing", I meant between us two guys. lol the box stock rtr T3 would get destroyed in a real race. None of the tracks closest to my current location even have a stadium truck class anymore. :/

zman280 is alive and well in Michigan. I speak to him on Facebook from time to time. He's been doing some 1:1 scale drag racing.
    Sup surfer_girl
    Good to year! Hope he still drags some RC's out every now and then. RC is my escape from the frustrating times with my 1:1 builds.