Notices

Thread: tamiya tractor trailer kits

1. My currant project 

So whats in store? Well, when I got this truck it had the el-cheapo wedico electrical system installed, and I never really got around to doing any thing with it, as I was never really sure what derection I wanted to go on tis truck.

Well....with the release of PMD's new electrical system that works kind of like a tamiya multi function system, this one will work with LED's or light bulbs, and will work on 7.2 volts for the tamiya guys, or 12 volts for the wedico guys. All with this one unit. Now just have to wait for PMDs sound system. That will be a while before that is made avalible.
    So Ric at PMD and I are working on another option for a sound unit for my truck.
    Last edited by wedicotrucker; 10-20-2009 at 12:56 AM.

Well, I got my parts back from being powder coated. so now the rebuild can begin.

Yeah, I know I put the chasis together rwong. but its fixed now.

More pics to come.

Well she's just abought done. So thought I'd show some pics in progress.

hi, great effort & result!

Quote Originally Posted by hazz View Post
    hi, great effort & result!
    Thanks, still a ways to go, but its getting there.

Heres a vid of the new sound unite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRPNE8r7-ag

Love that rumbling and earth thumping sound!

Perhaps shall revisit my Knight Hauler/MFCU these holidays... been distracted by other Tamiya (re)releases for quite a while, wish I can have more time on this hobby...

...scale RC is truly great!

Here's the latest vid of the smx soiund unit, with PMD's new electricla system. Both can be purchest through gardentrucking.com website.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wedicotr.../0/psEqXqVhDO4

There is still a few other sound options I can program in. but I think I'm going to leave them out.

The additional sounds are gear shift, back up beeper, and a siren.

8. Question King Hauler Frames 
    Hi all,

Was left a Knight Hauler by my deceased brother in-law and the left and right chassis frames are missing.

I was hoping that someone could advise where to get them or a drawing from.

I am in Oz and need frames or design so I can finish the truck. I have two trailers, and wish to make a dolly to make it a road train.

Has anyone made one allready that may be able to help?

New to forum excellent forum.

Thanks to all!
    Sigy
    Last edited by Sigy; 07-12-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Wellcome to the club. You can try your local hobby shop. They should be able to order any parts you may need from tamiya.

If they cant help. Give Ric at www.gardentrucking.com a try. He only deals in r/c trucks and constuction equipment. He's located in the USA, but, ships international.

While your at the website, check out the chat room over there.

10. Cool  
    Cheers mate!

Managed after to source through a distibutor in New Zealand.

Should be here next week.

Sigy

good deal. post up pics when you get it done.

how to mount a radio control model wheel loader caterpeilar 955 g2? someone would have the manual? or a list of those parts kits or items? I'm waiting if someone can help.
    send replay for http://japublicidade.com

Friend where I can get a copy of this book for me to build a similar model? Or if you sell a copy it is possible? thanks!
    Regards
    Japublicidade

Wasn't really planning on building another truck, but some times a deal comes up, that you just cant pass up.

So my next build is going to be a wedico sentry class. The cab is raw metal (didnt take any pics of, it didnt have timeto.) The truck was never built, kinda just set aside and forgot about.

On my way home I stoped off at a local welding suply store to get my nitrogen tank for my jeep refilled, and got to talking with the guy that owns a motorcycle shop next door. Well before I knew it, I was giving the cab to him to paint. He told me it would be a couple weeks before he could get to it, but I figured sence I'll be gone for 2 weeks, it would work out great.
    We talked about several differant things, and not realy sure as to what we agreed on But his work is top notch, and I'm sure it will come out great.

I'll post up pics when I get the cab back.

15. My Euro Volvo Heavy Hauler 
    HI GUYS,,I AM A NEWBIE TO THIS FORUM. HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN INTO R,C TRUCKS FOR SEVERAL YEARS..I LIVE IN THE U.K AND MY WHOLE FAMILY ARE INTO THE RC,TRUCK SCENE OVER HERE..GREAT FORUM BY THE WAY. HERE ARE SOME PICTURES

AND SOME OTHERS I HAVE BUILT.

MY WIFE AND DAUGHTERS TRUCK.

MY SONS TRUCK

ONGOING PROJECTS

SORRY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG PLACE

That super truck is so cool :P

Vestas for the win, dk power

Heres a vid from a carshow in denmark where there was a show display kinda thing with rc trucking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D8HLZgHpYo
    It,s very short tho..

Heres more vid, not made by me tho..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYALcM4QtRQ&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et8aVgSxA2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls7826OTO4I&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqWpmIKzVfk
    Last edited by Lille Buller; 09-26-2010 at 04:50 PM.

hi everyone im new here and would like to know if anybody can help me, i want to build a lowloader and would appreciate any bodys help, jaffy

18. 1/14 scania r470 central motorway police group 
    hi all.

im dave i bought a 1/14 scania r470 in early november 2010,its now just about built just awaiting my multi function unit from usa,my scania has been made into a central motorway police tractor unit,the real one it is based on its used for media and pr work and has been in crimewatch roadshow and came direct from scania uk.
    the truck is fitted with a standard 3 speed gearbox flashing wig wag lights and lightbar,radio equipment i have used a 2.4 ghz receiver and 5 channel hand set here are a few pictures
    Attached Images

19. Talking king hauler 
    hello everyone i just purchased the king hauler with the multi function unit and the box trailerwith lights i.m building the king hauler to look just like my real 85 kw w900b,bought some parts from PMD.the frame extensions work perfectly if you cut the frame in the exact spot you are supposed to.i'm also doing some body work ,i cut the sleeper roof down abit as its too high so now it looks like a real flattop,have the framework done just working installing the mfu will post some pictures later....

what are you asking for the aeromax does it come complete with radio or just rolling stock truck

21. Fuel Tanks 
    Hello everyone. Any suggestions on how to keep the fuel tanks on my Globe Liner and King Hauler shinny. Over the years, they have become a little dull and fading.

Thanks and Take care

wb2002

does anyone know if you can put a wedico wrecker body on a tamiya king hauler because i dont want to buy it and find out i cant

no. wedco is 1 1/16 scale which is smaller.

It can work but you will have to do some modifying to get it to fit and look right.

Most people use the wedico boom, and build the rest from styren plastic.