Notices

Thread: HPI Super Nitro Rs4

Anybody got a set of these Kyosho wheels around. They are for the FW-04 chassis.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyosho-FZ82S...p2047675.l2557

I have a set of 15 spoke in black on a BMW LMR V-12...no 18 spoke in silver.

Are those Kyosho? Staggard? I held off on buying those silver ones and missed out. I think I have a way to mount the FW04 wheels to TGX's abd HPI's. Just waiting for some wheel nuts to arrive.

Cross Kyosho Fw03 I believe but not Staggard.

I really want those silver staggards. Perfect for the CLK GTR

The Super RS4 EP sporting Contenders Lamborghini Diablo GT shell made the October issue of Radio Control Car Action Magazine.

Wow!!!!

A car body that I painted I don't know when showed up in RC Car Action. That is crazy. I haven't looked in a Car Action mag in year's. So I had to buy this copy and I see they have changed to matte pages.

This was a true surprise seeing it in the mag!

Quote Originally Posted by C0NTENDER View Post
    Wow!!!!

A car body that I painted I don't know when showed up in RC Car Action. That is crazy. I haven't looked in a Car Action mag in year's. So I had to buy this copy and I see they have changed to matte pages.

This was a true surprise seeing it in the mag!

I was surprised when I found out as well since I don't get the magazine anymore. This body has always been my favorite of Contenders and very cool to see a older discontinued road car get some national press.

9. Kyosho FW04 wheels successfully mounted to 12mm hubs. 
    Maybe this is old news but I mounted a set to my TGX. Basically you need a set of 14mm hexes from a traxxas http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-E-Ma...MAAOSwuMFUdsNP and then these http://www.ebay.com/itm/122014097609...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Use the nuts and trim down the length a bit as needed. I also ground down the hex side as it is a bit large. These are 8mm heads so they are a bit larger. The pins that go with these hexes are larger in diameter so you will need to drill out the pin holes in you axles to make them fit. I had several extras as these parts are common on old TA02 Tamiya chassis. I'll try to get some pics up at some point. I Have not run them on a working car but they should be fine.

Just when you thought you didn't need another one, I scored a SN on eBay that I will turn into a runner. It was too good to pass up, newly built with a two speed for 100.00.

Now I just need to strip off what I don't want and make it street ready.

Quote Originally Posted by C0NTENDER View Post
    Just when you thought you didn't need another one, I scored a SN on eBay that I will turn into a runner. It was too good to pass up, newly built with a two speed for 100.00.

Now I just need to strip off what I don't want and make it street ready.

Nice score Contender $100 bucks is a steal! Nice to see you back on the road again the 2 speed is worth that $ alone.

1/8 scale brake calipers and rotors? Anybody seen these out there. Want to dress up some TGX and Kyosho FW03's.

Quote Originally Posted by salvine View Post
    1/8 scale brake calipers and rotors? Anybody seen these out there. Want to dress up some TGX and Kyosho FW03's.
    I think I saw one of Contenders Super's with disc's somewhere?? No experience with the 1/8 & 1/9 scale for these...only 1/5 FG and 1/10 scale.

They do look awesome if you can find a set to make them work.... put a set on my Sprint.

Nice

How u get those white letters on the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by cudacharger View Post
    The Super RS4 EP sporting Contenders Lamborghini Diablo GT shell made the October issue of Radio Control Car Action Magazine.

how u get that

Wow that's nice car

18. Awsome 
    Hey this is nice

I always enjoyed that Lambo. I think it's time to paint a few bodies before it gets cold. Hope everyone is doing fine.

Not an urgent request, but trying to see if anyone has a new racer fuel tank they are willing to part with for a decent price. (The version without a primer)?