Notices

Thread: Check my brandnew 1:5!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

More Pics

Well tha'ts what I get for tyring to use a thumbnail gallery instead of just raw links. Probity as soon as I post this the other host will come back up.

Originally posted by NMT_RACER_BOY
    nice!!! you should have painted them $300 bodies more colourful...
    $300 for a body!!!! . those cost almost as much as my cars...

$300 seems a bit high most I found run $150 - $200.

Still a good reason to go with a solid color, simple paint job...if you mess up you'll be looking at it for a long time.

I've had to touch mine up from scratches, gold seems to blend well.

$150 to $200!!! holy shisness !!! if i had to pay that much for one... gawd thats alot...

Originally posted by wanabedriver
    if i had to pay that much for one...
    Either you'd go broke in a hurry or you learn to be a very good driver

Put it to scale, you buy a $200 kit and get a $20 body so bodies are about 1/10th the cost of 1/10th and 1/8th vehicles. In 1/5th scale kits cost in the area $1000 and the body is only $200 or 1/5th the cost of the kit...so it's even a better value

They're big, they're loud...my neighbors think I'm a lumber jack since I seem to be always running my "chain saw". Not cheap...but if your not competitively racing they are very low maintenance; gas and oil are about all they need. Most kits are pretty tough so broken parts aren’t as common (as compared to on-road Nitro). Servos and Radio well a descent FM radio and a few good servos is all you need.

I figure I have maybe $1000 into mine now but I got my kit really cheap. I think they are selling my kit now for $900 so add the extra $400 to make it $1400 for someone to do the same setup I have now. That’s not much more than what I have into my HPI Super Nitro.

They only real draw back, the smell if you don’t have a garage to store it in… it’s not something you keep on the shelf in your room.

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL51/1...2/24547677.jpg

If you want more info go to the SVM Section......

Originally posted by jives
    Either you'd go broke in a hurry or you learn to be a very good driver

Put it to scale, you buy a $200 kit and get a $20 body so bodies are about 1/10th the cost of 1/10th and 1/8th vehicles. In 1/5th scale kits cost in the area $1000 and the body is only $200 or 1/5th the cost of the kit...so it's even a better value

better value? im confused... for every $10 for a 1/10 car, its $1 for body. For 1/5th scale car, $5 for the care to $1 for the body. greater value? try put it this way. if you multiply the 1/10 scale car price by 5, you will get $1000, 1/5 scale car price. if you multiply 1/10 body by 5, you get $100, HALF the 1/5 body price. expensive... so, does having a greater value mean having a greater cost?

LOUD IS A GOOD THING!!!

The "value" part was a joke, a play on Stats and numbers.

Though I was suprised at how close the price of the body mimics the scale of the car.

I have a video with sound on my website (see Profile), really boring I was just putting around since I didn't have it completed just in a hurry to try it out, might stream a few seconds if you want to hear it.

Wow, those are some badass cars, really cool. Must say Steve has the ride of the year though!

hey whats up... well i met a guy up at my cottage who has a 1/5 scale car... an FG i believe... and wow i want one now...a friend of my fathers that used to race with my dad has one as well.... i wood like to no what kind of car wood be good for sum one just starting out in 1/5... i have a t-maxx 2.5 and an evader and am getting bored with running on the street.... there is 1/5 racing around me (ontario, canada) so the question stands... for sumone just starting out... looking to get into a sportman class... what wood be a good car for sumone to learn with? im looking for sumthin under 1000 amd hopefully... wit a good engine... radio is not really a concern since i have about 4-5 (lol) but what servo's wood u ppl suggest... well ty for the help and i hope sumone can answer my q.......

I would suggest getting a cheap used one, but ofcourse in good condition. I started just 2 months ago with a used FG ecoline and i'm learning a lot from it. I've ran 2 sportsman races so far and i'm not doing too bad. When I learn to drive better then I know I can handle the speed of the expensive cars and set it up better. I don't feel the need to get a top of the line car yet since I might just feel really bad damaging it.

The good thing about 1/5 scale cars, you can still re-sell it in the future for a reasonable price.

As far as the engine, the zenoah G230RC is best as of now, but as long as it's in good condition, a zenoah G2D or FG Solo will work just fine.

well after mom found out the price of what the car will cost (about 2-3 g's cdn for a good one) and the price for a weekend of racing (about 200 with race cost and tires) she said no so im screwed over with lil ones and no one to race with... dam i wish she wood have said yes....

Have a couple brand new 1/5 scales cars to sell here is info and pictures at these two links. Right now feeling it out price wise what I should be able to get for each, also have a Integy Tweak board setup to sell.

Harm Street Pro model
    http://24.86.87.237/harm/harm.html

FG SportsLine model
    http://24.86.87.237/fg/fg.html

Integy Tweak Board
    http://24.86.87.237/int/int.html

Every time I see a 1/5 or 1/4 scale, I get that much closer to bulding one....from scratch. I built Pie Wagon and what started out as 1/8 scale, is closer to 1/6th; 1/4 scale monster truck is what I really want to build, maybe over the winter months. Where do you guys get the drivetrains from, rearends, gearing, etc?

Those are some nice rides, guys!

My 1/5

My dad wants a 1/5th scale car, but my mom won't let him

Well, I just picked up a HARM SX3 Euro edition a few weeks ago. I have to say the workmanship of these cars are extremely beautiful. You do pay for it however lol. Anyways, I was really impressed with the engineering of the braking system. It seems like it was taken right off a full size vehicle and scaled down for 1/5. I can't wait to finish it and see how they run. From everything I read large scale RC seems to add a whole new dimension to RC, we will see

RJ

Hi, I wounder what is the differenc with the new euro edition? I have heard that it should have the rear hydralic brakes mounted out near the weal just like the front brakes (mine are mounted nerar the difrential). Any way, If you don´t like the black aluminum lock you can get it of just by dipping them in wather and "kaustik-soda" (it is a pouder you clean the drain with). I´v done it, take a lock.
    http://dclxvi.no-ip.info/forum/viewt...=311&pid=13628

There are a few things that are different with the Euro then the regular SX3. Here is a list,

- ABC Tuning Zenoah G23RC
    - Upper chassis, servo tray, tank stay, rear brace are carbon fiber
    - track-rods, turnbuckles, hinge pins are titanium
    - aluminum rear lower ball-ends
    - lightened alloy axle shaft front and rear
    - rear brake mounted at rear axle shaft
    - alloy servo-saver
    - alloy gear shaft
    - receiver box
    - damper springs neon
    - quick-exchange damper support
    - counter-ring for damper springs

If you plan on racing lil_general_lee its only going to keep up subtracting dollars from your wallet .... lol Those cars take a lot of care and maintence

Thats the only bad thing about 1/5 so far is the price. Initially you have to cough up quite a bit of money to get on the road. People say once you have it it's going to be cheaper in the long run compared to 1/8 scale cars. I havn't run the car yet so I have no idea if thats true or not. It seems like it could go either way. I think I bit off more then I could chew with this car since I couldn't afford to run it on a regular basis. The only thing I wonder is if I should have bought a lower grade model to run for fun rather then a limited edition race car. With all things, "High Performance equals High Maintenance"

RJ

1/5 scale actually is cheaper in the long run. I used to run 1/10 scales (actually i still have 1 car), and I spend less money now on my 1/5 scale. I've hit my share of walls and tires and the car hardly breaks. You also save money on the fuel.

The only gripe I have is finding parts. The only big FG dealer here in LA is overpriced enough that i'd rather buy parts in Europe.

I bought a Bergonzoni used, and the only problem i have is finding a parking lot big enough to run it.

Anyone seem the New Bergonzoni Dominator go? I would love to have one of those for up here in Maine?

If you wanna by HARM stuff cheap you should by it directly from the manufacture, this is their german homepage, chose german ore english. They are really cheap, I haven´t tried them out but I have friends who have, It worked fine fore them..

http://www.abc-onlineshop.de/

What happened to the 1/5th FG thread,Steve?