Notices

Thread: Kyosho Fairwind 900

1. Kyosho Fairwind 900 
    I'm new to rc boats (been running 1/10 nitro touring cars) and fancy a sailboat, I've been looking at the Kyosho Fairwind 900 to start off with, can anyone tell me if it is any good? If not what should I be looking at, I've got about 300 ($450), not worried about radio gear because I can transfer it off my cars, please help.

The Fairwind makes a great first sailboat. It's fairly easy to build and can take higher winds better than some smaller R/C yachts on the market. If you're looking for a bit more performance, the Victor Model Products Soling One kit might interest you. It's a pretty serious build, but when done right produces a fast boat that doesn't cost a bunch of money overall. I believe there's a distributor for the Victor Soling in the UK; you might check the company's website for more info on that selling point.

RickE

Thanks RickE, can you tell me the url because I can't seem to find that company.

4. Ignore the last post 
    Thanks RickE, found the website, I will let you know what I think.

Matt

Seeing as you are in the UK where there is a alot of well organised radio sailing you should contact the MYA (Model Yachting Association) and take a look at their web site before you decide to buy any kit boat (Kyosho Fairwind 900).

Check it out at: http://www.radiosailing.org.uk

There are 5 main classes of yachts to consider including the, 1 metre, Marblehead, R10, RA and 6 metre. All are raced at many clubs around the country. If racing is not what you are after, all the clubs have fun sailing on most weekends and even some weekdays, with the most common boat being the IOM (1 metre) class. This is the smaller and cheaper of all the classes, and sails really well, infact alot better than all kit boats, including the Kyosho Fairwind 900. If you decide that you want to race at a later date, you will have many opportunites country wide with this class of boat.

Second hand boats can be found listed on the MYA web site. Most are fairly new ex-racing boats with almost everything you will need to get started, and sell for around the kind of money you have budgeted.

Your local club, Necastle, will also offer endless advice on what to buy, and how to do it, if you need, and will be the best place to start. Contact Mike Davison on tel: 0191 290 4208 at the Newcastle club, who race near the University in town.

Good luck and enjoy your sailing!

Thanks for the information

7. Talking Fairwind Site 
    Hi folks.... check out my new Fairwind Site, here at www.mylongisland.com/sailing.
    Scottybb
    www.mylongisland.com/sailing
    Fairwind LI R/C Sailing

8. Fairwind Class Web site 
    For more information on the Fairwind you could check out the Fairwind class web page

ok. does anyone hav one of these because i want to know of it is a good all arouns sailboat and if it would be good in my small lake in Lodi, CA.

10. fairwind 
    have had seawind and fairwind for 5 yrs both are great boats fairwind sails in great in lite wind can turn off transmiter and will sail in lazy circels does not like heavy wind seawind is faster and wil sail in heaver wind both ae great boats

11. Cool Kyosho Fairwind 900 
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_uk View Post
    I'm new to rc boats (been running 1/10 nitro touring cars) and fancy a sailboat, I've been looking at the Kyosho Fairwind 900 to start off with, can anyone tell me if it is any good? If not what should I be looking at, I've got about 300 ($450), not worried about radio gear because I can transfer it off my cars, please help.

Hey, I know this is a Super Old Post... Just wanted to let people know I have a NIB Kyosho Fairwind 900 for sale on eBay:

Kyosho Fairwind 900

Ray

12. Kyosho Fairwind 900 
    Hey,

If there are any Kyosho Fairwind 900 fans still around. I have one new in the box...

Fairwind 900

Ray